Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol restrictions

Options
  • 20-05-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

Hi there :)

Are there any restrictions on the consumption of alcohol before/after tattoos&piercings?

Thankies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

definitly beforehand. it is recommended to not drink at least 24 hours before getting a tattoo anyway. dont know about afterwards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

For a tattoo/piercing--wouldnt recommend it before hand since alcohol can thin the blood and cause more bleeding than normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Hi there :)

Are there any restrictions on the consumption of alcohol before/after tattoos&piercings?

Thankies :)

I made the mistake of going on the lash last friday night and had a tattoo session saturday - More blood, the buzzing of a machine is not good with headache & it hurt more than i've ever felt before!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

It's more afterwards I'm concerned about. Meeting a freinds on Monday and going out with her Monday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Unless it's an oral piercing you should be ok to drink afterwards. Just be careful if you're drunk not to bump it or anything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I went to tattoo place. When can ya do a tattoo. They said now. I crapped meself so went to pub. Went back down later in the day and got it done. Completely wrong thing to do but I hate needles. Lads done it anyways. Not a single drop of blood. They said I was weird though. Hopefully they meant my skin

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

You should be grand to drink after the tattoo is done. I got mine finished last Wednesday and went out drinking about 4 hours after.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Generally not a good idea, you will bleed more and as a result, get wiped more which imo is the worst part. In saying that, i know loads of people who drink while getting tattooed on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 FunkyOxygen

How long shouldyou wait after tongue to drink? Is 2 weeks long enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

I think tongue is much the same as lip and I was told 2 weeks after my lip piercing so I'd say you'll be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 angelinalove

Well It is suggested not to take Alcohol before 24 hours when you are making tattoos in your body.

Not only this some time tattoos become allergic for your body. due to its color
    you also keep that skin neat and clean before making any tattoos.
    Always select only professional tattoo maker. to make risk free tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

I was told 4-5 days, waited 5 and was absolutely fine, no soreness the next day or anything either!

Advertisement