Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked Tubes :(

Options
  • 20-05-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hoping to begin IUI in next while. Had Hysosy yesterday and turns out tubes are blocked. Have option of having laporoscopy but just wondering if there is much point? If they are blocked (no liquid got thru on either side) is there any point? Can they be unblocked or is that only if partially blocked??
    Very disappointed and not sure what to do....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The success rate to unblock completely blocked tubes depends on the type and reason for blockage. From what I have read, the success rate overall isn't great though, sorry. If it was me, I'd still do it though. I had a lap and hyst as part of our own infertility investigations, and it is minor day surgery. If it works, you might get pregnant without any fertility treatment, plus if you have health insurance, they may pay for it fully. On the other hand, if you elect against it, you will need IVF, which has a long waiting list, is expensive and extremely stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nelly123

Thanks Silja. You're right - I'm going to go for it! I'm covered by VHI so what have I got to loose! Thanks

Advertisement