Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three declined my contract request

Options
  • 20-05-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey guys, I applied for that three iphone offer today that has been advertised so much recently. They put my application thru in the shop and it came back as declined...not happy :(

Apparently they check your credit rating or something before they confirm the contract. But I've never even had a loan, no over draft, not even a credit card. I've been working in the same place for the best part of 2 years and have a solid income from it.

Does anybody know why this would have happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

caislean6 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I applied for that three iphone offer today that has been advertised so much recently. They put my application thru in the shop and it came back as declined...not happy :(

Apparently they check your credit rating or something before they confirm the contract. But I've never even had a loan, no over draft, not even a credit card. I've been working in the same place for the best part of 2 years and have a solid income from it.

You've answered your own question....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's not a credit check, it's a credit score.
    It's done entirely on the information you submit to them there and then in the shop.

You're not the only one to have been declined though, quite a few people have reported being declined both on the Talk to Three forum and the Bargain Alerts thread about it.

Maybe [send them a PM] and see can they indicate to you why you were declined?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

caislean6 wrote: »

No loans, credit cards etc means no credit score!

There are many reasons you could be declined

1) Random!
    2) If renting, there may have been a bad debt from that address
    3) Your occupation might be a high risk category

I wouldn't take it personally, but I would imagine that their credit vetting is a lot tougher on that iPhone offer, for obvious reasons.

Advertisement