Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs protecting property

• 20-05-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anyone advise me on this issue please?

A neighbour came onto our property with his dog (knowing that we had 2 dogs) my mother went out to call the dogs in as soon as she saw the nieghbour and dog. The 3 dogs started barking at each other, his dog slipped leash and our dogs chased his dog off our property.
    It happened really fast but dogs were back in seconds and didnt go onto neighbours property.
    Neighbour is now claiming our dogs bit his and demanding we pay vet fees.

Our dogs had no blood on them, but even if they did are we responsible for his dog getting injured when he knew we had dogs on property and we can find no reason or cause for the person to come onto the property in the first place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭micheleabc

According with the Control of Dogs Act.1986:
    The owner or any other person in charge of a dog shall not permit the dog to be in any place other than.....
    the premises of any other person, with the consent of that person,
    link:http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1986/en/act/pub/0032/sec0009.html#sec9
    I think it means that without your permit, the neighbour shouldn't have taken his dog in your premises.

Advertisement