Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tattoo - what to expect?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Oh noes :( I'm getting my shoulder blade done soon, and I'm such a terrible girl when it comes to these things. :o

I have one on my lower back so have an idea what to expect. I always said I'd only get one :o ah to be young and naive. I've one done and two more planned ... but that's definitely it then.

I have both my shoulder blades done, and found them quite tolerable, and my artist was very heavy handed!

The one on my chest hurt like I was being slowly killed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Oh noes :( I'm getting my shoulder blade done soon, and I'm such a terrible girl when it comes to these things. :o

I have one on my lower back so have an idea what to expect. I always said I'd only get one :o ah to be young and naive. I've one done and two more planned ... but that's definitely it then.

I got a piece on my shoulder blade finished 2 weeks ago. The 1st sitting wasn't too bad at all but the second was fairly sore. How big is the tattoo you are getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fair play to you for just going for it, amazed you thought the bicep was fine! I thought it was one of the sorer areas when getting done

Although funnybone and ribs take the f*cking biscuit IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I have both my shoulder blades done, and found them quite tolerable, and my artist was very heavy handed!

The one on my chest hurt like I was being slowly killed though!

Good, good. I was thinking the shoulder blade wouldn't hurt like the lower back, and if at that, I didn't find that painful, just uncomfortable after about 40mins.

It all depends on the person as well. My sister got one done collarbone to collarbone and she didn't feel a thing. The one on her calf hurt her big time though.
    Dangerdunf wrote: »
    I got a piece on my shoulder blade finished 2 weeks ago. The 1st sitting wasn't too bad at all but the second was fairly sore. How big is the tattoo you are getting?

The tattoo is going to come out from underneath my shoulder blade and fan out across my shoulder blade if that makes sense. That's the idea I have in my head, but must discuss it with the tattoo artist to see what he thinks will look well. I want to place it where I can show it off and hide it as I please, so reckon that is the place to put it, design wise as well it suits there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

picanom_picture_03_2011_05_27.jpg

There we go - as you can see, it's really nothing much, but I'm proud of it.

when you get the first star its only the start , i got this last month , had 3 stars god more , and gethin more ini a week or 2 , gona make a sleeve of it
    starstattoo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

true but gets annoying after a while you realize **** i have more money on my arms and legs then i do in my bank account

I laughed reading this, then thought about it, frowned and start shaking my head because it's true. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 deepeedublin

but they can look so good. money well spent

Advertisement