Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

section 21 who ordered this in our government?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

I think the point really is that this is one more of a seemingly unending list of restrictions of our freedoms on the pretext of ' security' most or many of which are not, on closer analysis, justifiable. Howver imposing them seems to allow the authorities to say they are doing thier job.
    I want to see some politicians now do thier jobs by defending our freedoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Watched it a few times.

She was asking for it. Total attention seeker... she confused a young Gardai quite well. But the older guy had his head screwed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

brendanL wrote: »
    Watched it a few times.

She was asking for it. Total attention seeker... she confused a young Gardai quite well. But the older guy had his head screwed on.

The female garda was not at all confused ..... she repeated she had to take the flag.
    She was corrected by a more senior garda and subsequently took the pole.

An embarrassment for the female garda ..... she got it all wrong even allowing the pole to be carried past her before she demanded the flag.

Regardless the behaviour of the camera carrier, the video shows the female garda making an error.

It makes me question that female garda's competence ....... naively I expect any member of the force who quotes a law under which they are acting, to have some knowledge of that law.

The video would be more aptly named

Garda Fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

salonfire wrote: »
    ....why not come out and say it without making such a muddle of it all.

Thats why they call it a "mistake".

The Guard made a slip of the tounge, but that woman who was doing the filming was just looking for attention - of the worst kind too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

whats the story with videotaping people who havent consented to being videotaped?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

CatFromHue wrote: »
    whats the story with videotaping people who havent consented to being videotaped?
    Public place

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

anymore wrote: »
    I think the point really is that this is one more of a seemingly unending list of restrictions of our freedoms on the pretext of ' security' most or many of which are not, on closer analysis, justifiable. Howver imposing them seems to allow the authorities to say they are doing thier job.
    I want to see some politicians now do thier jobs by defending our freedoms.

I dont see what your problem is with the security precautions tbh. The Flag thing was an mistake, she ment the flag pole. There are similar restrictions for Obama on a smaller scale because he is way less likley to be attacked here, where as the Queen wouldnt have made it out alive without the measures that were taken. Yeah, traffic was a b*stard but It was only for 4 days, and its over now so....so what?

Can you us of any instances where, during the past week, the government sponsored jackboot of authoritarian despotism denied you your civil or constitutional rights? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

That woman is a sensationalist tool. She has no problem putting a camera right up in the face of Gardas doing their job but she wont show her own. When the Garda tries to take the pole (ye she screwed up in saying the flag) the woman runs off towards the crowd claiming she's being arrested and makes a huge scene out of nothing. My friend also had a Tricolor on that day, was told to hand the pole over which he did and still kept the flag. That woman is just looking for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

She did an interview did Jim Corr as well.

That says all you need to know about the person who made the video

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

KeithAFC wrote: »
    You see flags on poles up here all the time. Is this just a rule under law in the Republic or something?

Its not a ban on flagpoles it just gives power of confiscation to gardai for items which may be used as a weapon during specific kinds of events.

• Advertisement

Just as well there wasnt a hurling match in progress when she visitied Croke Park...they would have had to confiscate the hurelys !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Just as well there wasnt a hurling match in progress when she visitied Croke Park...they would have had to confiscate the hurelys !:D

Naw - y'see they'd have a reason for having those, unlike the ignorant twit in the video who - if what she claimed about having the flag in her pocket is true (debatable, given her other lies) - had the pole separate to the flag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Good to see that this thread got dumped to where it belongs :p

Anncasey and Wolfe Tone should get a room :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Troll indeed, a fcukwit trying to generate a bit of attention. Oh what a champion for all of us she is. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I came in here ready to destroy the OP on section 21... as in people developing good quality housing for students. This was so disappointing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

fuzzyclam wrote:
    Good to see that this thread got dumped to where it belongs

Now I have the power!!! :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Naw - y'see they'd have a reason for having those, unlike the ignorant twit in the video who - if what she claimed about having the flag in her pocket is true (debatable, given her other lies) - had the pole separate to the flag!
    How many GAA matches have you been at ?:D
    The point is really if you go beyond this specific incident that ' security'
    has become ridiculous. We cannot take a small bottle of water through the security gates at airports, but once inside the 'Duty Free/Shopping Section' will quite happily sell all the ingredients you need to make your own Molotov Cocktail - and supply in glass bottles which can be broken to make your own knife.
    If people could beyond the desire to slag off either the bean garda or the woman, then maybe some reasonable discussion could take place.
    Apparently this ' New Beginning' does not encompass debate and discussion :p

How many GAA matches have you been at ?:D
    The point is really if you go beyond this specific incident that ' security'
    has become ridiculous. We cannot take a small bottle of water through the security gates at airports, but once inside the 'Duty Free/Shopping Section' will quite happily sell all the ingredients you need to make your own Molotov Cocktail - and supply in glass bottles which can be broken to make your own knife.
    If people could beyond the desire to slag off either the bean garda or the woman, then maybe some reasonable discussion could take place.
    Apparently this ' New Beginning' does not encompass debate and discussion :p

The thread is about the woman's bull**** propaganda video and lies.

She's the equivalent of someone screaming that she was mugged when she clearly wasn't.

A separate thread debating actual facts and realism might be justified, but idiots like the video-maker do nothing to open debate because they actually undermine discussion on any actual issues.

• Advertisement

The thread is about the woman's bull**** propaganda video and lies.

She's the equivalent of someone screaming that she was mugged when she clearly wasn't.

A separate thread debating actual facts and realism might be justified, but idiots like the video-maker do nothing to open debate because they actually undermine discussion on any actual issues.
    Well frankly the language you are using to describe this woman rather puts in a similiar cateogory !

Well frankly the language you are using to describe this woman rather puts in a similiar cateogory !

Quit with the insults, thanks!

Did I lie : no
    Did I try to discredit a Garda who was doing her job : no
    Did I act the prick and cause aggro on the street : no

So you can take that comparison to the trouble-making tramp right back!

If someone chooses to lie and spread propaganda then she'll have to live with comments that accurately describe her actions; that's her choice.

Of course, she won't allow any balanced or objective comments on her venomous YouTube page.

Quit with the insults, thanks!

Did I lie : no
    Did I try to discredit a Garda who was doing her job : no
    Did I act the prick and cause aggro on the street : no

So you can take that comparison to the trouble-making tramp right back!
    The problem is that any reasonable poibts you are making are lost when you use the imtemperate language you are usung. Why is it not possible to discuss it in a reasonably detached manner - I am assuming that you dont know this personally.

The problem is that any reasonable poibts you are making are lost when you use the imtemperate language you are usung. Why is it not possible to discuss it in a reasonably detached manner - I am assuming that you dont know this personally.

That's not the comparison you made earlier!

Am I intolerant and annoyed by bull****ters and troublemakers? Absolutely!

I'll make no apology for that.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Good to see that this thread got dumped to where it belongs :p

Not quite - definitely wouldn't describe that crap as "cool" ;)

That's not the comparison you made earlier!

Am I intolerant and annoyed by bull****ters and troublemakers? Absolutely!

I'll make no apology for that.
    So much for the ' new Beginning' and 'New relationships ' !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I can't believe that people are actually defending this troll.

So much for the ' new Beginning' and 'New relationships ' !

What are you waffling about?

New beginnings are about getting over what happened in the past, and involve being genuine; not a bout of lying and troublemaking that happened last week!

And I'd have no interest in a relationship with a troublemaking twit!

What are you waffling about?

New beginnings are about getting over what happened in the past, and involve being genuine; not a bout of lying and troublemaking that happened last week!

And I'd have no interest in a relationship with a troublemaking twit!
    Quite so ! And you are going to get over what happened " in the past" when ? :confused:

• Advertisement

Quite so ! And you are going to get over what happened " in the past" when ? :confused:

:confused: This thread is about something that happened last week.

Try making some sense in your posts please, otherwise we'll both be confused.

Advertisement