Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A personal assistant - such a service available?

Options
  • 20-05-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    As per title I would show the person exactly what I need done and then they could do it every week for me. I would need my weekly shopping done (through tesco online) and my food for everyday prepared in advance, money management and accounting (basic stuff). Maybe some other things as well.

Is there anyone that would be willing to do that kind of work I wonder?

Due to health reasons I need a hand with this stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭thehairyelbow

Is that a live in position, or a 9-5 sort of thing. May know some one who might be able to help you. I'll run it by her, and PM you if she's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I suggest that you place an ad (with a Box number) in the Galway Advertiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

This rings a bell somehow? Maybe the OP has used the advertiser before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's probably a wiser idea to try to contact a social worker that's assigned to the area you live in. They could tell you what's available to you and if you're entitled to any financial aid to help you employing a person assistant. They also might have a register of people who are trained to do this work and who are reliable, rather than just picking someone out of the paper. I'd be reluctant to trust just anybody with things like money management.

Also a good place to contact would Galway Independent Living Centre. They help people get personal assistants and fund them too.
    Personal Assistant Service:

Galway Centre for Independent Living is resolute in the knowledge that access to a Personal Assistant Service is the corner stone to achieving Independent Living, at present we provide Personal Assistant Services through funding from Western Health Board. FAS Community Employment Scheme and FAS Job Initiative Scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

You mentioned health reasons; you an ask your GP to about a referral to a social worker (as said above) because it is a bit dodgy just doing it on your own, best have some attachment to an agency etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An advert in the various papers would probably be a good start, maybe ask in Long Term Illness forum, I'm sure there are people there that have PAs and can suggest something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement