Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen Elizabeth in Cork

Options
  • 20-05-2011 10:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Today, I had the pleasure of visiting the great City of Cork for the visit of Queen Elizabeth II. The atmosphere in the city was very welcoming and the whole event was very well organised. Well done Cork!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

anyone got any decent pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

anyone got any decent pics?

There was a great shot from the Grand Parade walkabout.

84933e3b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

evilivor wrote: »
    There was a great shot from the Grand Parade walkabout.

84933e3b.jpg

:D class.
    big fan of the breast in a bun I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

The market was spotless this morning, never saw it so clean. Link road between city and magic roundabout well trimmed and groomed. Glad the whole visit went well. The few days disruption was worth it hopefully for the good image we portrayed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i taught there was a very touching moment when the queen shook the hand of a downs syndrome boy (pic 16) she could have easily walked on and pretend not to notice him but she didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I must say the city was looking great for the visit. Compared to Dublin which looked like Los Angeles from "Blade Runner", Cork looked welcoming and relaxed on the tele. The market looked brilliant as well. I know if I was a tourist planning a trip to Ireland I would be heading to Cork ahead of Dubland. It seems the Dubs are a bit jealous that Cork looked so good compared to Dublin which resembled Tiananmen Square c.1989.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

philstar wrote: »
    i taught there was a very touching moment when the queen shook the hand of a downs syndrome boy (pic 16) she could have easily walked on and pretend not to notice him but she didn't.

some stunning pictures in here philstar. That picture and pic#13 are two that I won't forget. They are just genuine and hearty, lovely photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

159915.jpg

Advertisement