Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving for Summer, 3 Months Left on NTL Student Broadband Contract

• 20-05-2011 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Moving house for the next 3 months as the rent here is too high for me,

Just wondering if it would be possible for me to have the broadband transferred to wherever I move to as several landlords whom I have contacted have said they have no broadband installed so I'd have to sort out broadband myself, I don't even know if 3 month contracts exist and I have the three free months of the UPC student deal still left on my contract here.

Could I just disconnect the router and move it to the new house or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

simply put no. unless your new apartment is UPC fiber enabled. But do bring the router with you might come in handy. Maybe a paper weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

By UPC fiber enabled, do you just mean the UPC cable running into the house, because I know some of the places are "NTL ready", or a broadband contract already existing for the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

If there is UPC broadband available in the area, then yes, you can get it. Call UPC and check first.
    But, when you move premises, you'll have to sign up to a new 12-month contract.

Advertisement