Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business loan

Options
2»

Comments

In reality you won't get finance for a stall like this. If you want to get it started you need to be saving up enough money to rent it, or coming up with a clever way to do it on the cheap.

A bank may give you some money if - you match what they are putting up, you have been a customer for a long time, and you have further funds in the bank to cover the pay off of the loan if things go wrong. If you are short on one of those things your chance are pretty much zero.

A professional investor isn't going to take a punt on your business idea, as youve no sales and everything is theory, they really don't know when they would get a return.
    Friends and family are your only alternatives for cash apart from what I said above. Figure out your costs instead of guestimating, and once they are done, figure out a way of making happen without relying on banks/venture capital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Digger69

Swampy wrote: »
    Seriously, there is no way a bank will give you even a fraction of that amount with out a very good business plan, good financial projections and a personal guarentee. Obviously the personal guarentee is useless if you have no assets to back it up.

Before you borrow that kind of money for a business I think you should invest 15 euro on a book called "lean start up"

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

This is a wind up, right? I admit I was taken in at first. Please tell me it is not a serious and genuine query.

Peter

I had to check the date...thought we were back in 2006 with the banks throwing all these loans about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I've sat slack-jawed reading through this! Is this for real?

First off - you say stall.... what exactly does that entail? Especially a €100,000 stall?

A quick look on done-deal gives me stalls from the market-trader type going for €300. To fully fitted permanent stalls w/running water & electrical hook-up for ca. €5000. with plenty of others in between....

Theres a lot of expertise on this forum - give a bit more detail and you'll get help. Don't worry nobody is going to steal your idea - if its that good they would have thought of it already.

Advertisement