Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discussion from Random Photos XXX

• 20-05-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭

Was there ever any consideration given to an earlier idea of mine that the last 10 posts on the previous thread be carried forward to the new one?

I just see that 2 minutes before the last thread was closed by Cabansail- that Pullandbang had posted a photo with a new fisheye lens.

So is that photo lost to us without anyone getting a chance to say thanks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

keps wrote: »
    Was there ever any consideration given to an earlier idea of mine that the last 10 posts on the previous thread be carried forward to the new one?

I just see that 2 minutes before the last thread was closed by Cabansail- that Pullandbang had posted a photo with a new fisheye lens.

No sure that thread is stickied for a while, I always check the old thread when a new thread appears!

I was hoping to see a Post to resemble the "XXX" title posted here first :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you read the OP you will see that the last Random Thread is a Sticky here where it can be seen & Thanks added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

To Homer

But you now cannot 'thank' Pullandbangs fisheye pic

Yes you can i just done it there now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

you should still be able to thank posts on any thread on the forum open or closed. I think the only "special" non thank-able posts are in the dispute resolution forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Anyway I would ask P&B to repost his photo on this new thread

• Advertisement

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    you should still be able to thank posts on any thread on the forum open or closed. I think the only "special" non thank-able posts are in the dispute resolution forum.

My point is - how many people vote on closed threads?

P&B had posted a photo with a new lens - snd 2 minutes later the thead was closed

Why?

Anyway I would ask P&B to repost his photo on this new thread

um.... he's already done it (cheeky bugger) :P

Why?

Just the normal that has always been the way i suspect. Thread bloats beyond 1000 posts and it gets closed and new one reopened.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Just the normal that has always been the way i suspect. Thread bloats beyond 1000 posts and it gets closed and new one reopened.

heehhe - you obviously were not on the X factor thread?

Anyway thanks to the Mods:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I was actually closing it about 20 mins earlier but my Browser locked up. Re-booted and P&B had posted in the meantime.

Just the luck of the draw, but the Closed Thread does still attract views and thanks. I know, I count them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement