Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC BB problems

• 21-05-2011 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭

is there anyone else having problems with UPC BB at present?

it works great sometimes, and then slows to dial up speeds, then it goes off altogether.

In the last 9 months have had this problem 5 times, had a tech out 3 times and now they keep saying its an area fault. One of the techs said it was the way it was initially installed, but that it couldnt be changed. wtf like...

UPC BB was great, but now it keeps acting up so much I'm thinking of moving away from it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anuser

Yeah, but only since Sunday..... sites not reachable and now very slow... of course tech support not available at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Noiz

Been having problem keep getting disconnected few times every night since I've got their 50Mb broadband. Very frustrating :mad: It's great when I'm connected getting the 50Mb download speed but right now it's impossible for me to play on the Xbox Live :mad:

Going to give them a call tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Yep. Meant to have 12mb but only getting speeds of 3mb lately.

Often I have no connection and a quick reset of the modem/router solves it straight away.

I could not be arsed ringing them. There on twitter and replyed to me before, but then after sending on my details they never got back to me.

Typcial, crap service. They know it and have just run out of excuses.

When UPC internet it working, it's great. I think we have to accept that it's just often crap and will come good after a few days again.

I got away from them for the TV at least, thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

ratedR wrote: »
    I could not be arsed ringing them. There on twitter and replyed to me before, but then after sending on my details they never got back to me.

So you've only contacted them once, via a third party website?
    If you're so disappointed with the service, why not try contact them again to resolve it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

roast wrote: »
    So you've only contacted them once, via a third party website?
    If you're so disappointed with the service, why not try contact them again to resolve it? :rolleyes:

And where does it say that I'm "so disappointed" with them ?

I was stating the point that when their BB is working, it works well. When it doesn't, ringing them doesn't always help, the problem usually resolves itself or just goes away.

Now run along. Use that rolley eye icon at me again and I'll shove it up your arse.

What is it about this board and people loving to put their oar into something that has nothing to do with them for a bit of one-upmanship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

ratedR wrote: »
    And where does it say that I'm "so disappointed" with them ?

I was stating the point that when their BB is working, it works well. When it doesn't, ringing them doesn't always help, the problem usually resolves itself or just goes away.

Now run along. Use that rolley eye icon at me again and I'll shove it up your arse.

What is it about this board and people loving to put their oar into something that has nothing to do with them for a bit of one-upmanship.

Oh dear. Hardly a need for that now, was there?

Generally if you describe something as being a crap service, it means that you're not exactly thrilled with it - i.e., disappointed.

Had a good laugh at that though. Cheers. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mine has been poor for a few days now, just generally not as fast as it normally would have been but tonight it is awful. i can't do anything, every website takes an age to load, even ssh is laggy and disconnecting. I'd ring up and complain, but I already rang them twice and emailed them about my order to upgrade to 50meg I made last monday and have heard nothing back from them so I'm not convinced it'd do any actual good.

maybe if it continues and I get desperate, I'll brave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

Mine disconnects every so often and goes out for about 20 minutes if I start to download anything off steam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

1309319525.png

is what my 20 meg is reporting as atm, upload is fine but jesus christ @ that download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Sorry guys,a little bit off topic but would anyone have a link to a usage meter that is good and can be used with upc broadband.

Also,i gotta say my upc is a bit slow tonight aswell,i blame obama!

• Advertisement
Advertisement