Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valve Merchandise

Options
  • 21-05-2011 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

So I went to buy a Portal 2 pint glass and some posters and International postage from Valve is $40!!

Anybody know a third party reseller on this side of the ocean with more reasonable shipping costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

EBay?

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    EBay?

No checked it before posting. One of what I want from US with same shipping price $40.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah its crazy.
    Some of their L4D2 plushies are ridiculous...and especially the models/figures that they sell...most are ltd ed though

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I bought this (Portal 2 spoilerish) t-shirt from them recently and it arrived within 24 hours. Postage is expensive but it's fast* and the merchandise is of excellent quality.

Do you have any friends or relatives in the states to use as a proxy?

*I don't live in Ireland at the moment so I avoid teh Portlaoise Postage Blackhole(TM)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Maybe we should all purchase something at the same time to minimize on postage costs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Maybe we should all purchase something at the same time to minimize on postage costs?

Was just thinking the same myself. Problem then would be organising who would take the delivery and sending on the fees for the extra postage involved.

Wouldn't mind one of the L4D posters myself but I ain't paying the massive delivery fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Well for tshirts, you could always get the raw image, then use a service that makes custom tshirts.

Ive done this a few times myself. Id love to get some of the stuff on the valve store but always cancel once I see the delivery charge

Advertisement