Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pfizer Cork to Galway Charity Cycle

• 21-05-2011 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

In 2003 60 cyclist colleagues from Pfizer Ringaskiddy started off a charity cycle from Cork to Galway to benefit the Chernobyl Childrens Project international.

By 2010 this cycle had grown to 320 participants raising 143, 000 euro in 2010 for the Adi Roche Chernobyl childrens Charity.

in 2011 the numbers are capped at 400 and hoping to raise 200,000 euro.

to date 700,000 euro has been raised by this event.

This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl Nuclear accident,

This simple cycle is now, the largest single, source of income for the chernobyl childrens charity in Ireland.

the event is currenlty fully subscribed for 2011, but do check out the d
    ates, and if you are in cork city, Limerick or along the route, Mallow, Ennis, Gort, Galway etc, come out and show ur support.

No Money is collected en route.

As you can see, Mr Kelly makes it to the Cork start line.

Each year, a new jersey is produced, so if you see one of these jerseys on your training spins, that is what this jersey represents.

http://www.chernobylcycle.com/

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1775821388#!/PfizerCycleforChernobylfromCorktoGalway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Looks like its full since April?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

it is full, purpose of putting this up was to raise awareness of the event. perhaps for next year ....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 moch

I done this event last year,a great weekend of cycling,craic and good weather. The event is very well organised and great food. Unfortunatley I have other commitments this year, this is a great event even for the cyclist that is just starting out as there are rest stops every 30 to 35km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Done this last year,

and doing it this year again... BUT one thing, Is im not getting much help off people then what i did last year... i be luck to just hit 300 never mind go over it. Last year i hit 500 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

from grange castle, in 2010 we had 10. We gave as much publicity as we could after 2010 and this year we had about 50 sign up. the participating number will drop back, but overalll the site contribution will be well up on 2010.

• Advertisement
Advertisement