Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday night cheese: Help!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

Usually I get an early gateway to wall off against zergling pressure and if I scout and early expo I push out with 3-4 zealots and until you get roaches you cant do much, as zerglings are eaten up by zealots.
    Its not a end move its just to let me out expand my zerg opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

You beat Zerg much Sani? What level you playing at? Because the rule of thumb for zerg players (from what I have watched and what people have told me) is for every expo your opponent has you got to have one more. c/f idra & spanishiwa.

When you think about it this way; 30 secs for larva inject, 30 secs for lings, 40+ secs for everything else, you got to expand faster than your opponent.

And as for Ling v Zealot; attack, retreat, attack, retreat, make sure you give yourself enough time to bring out that RW and Roach-up. Like my micro is terrible but I can still hotkey lings to get them to do this quite easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

Depends I love seeing hatch 1st cause I know I can put pressure on but when I see pool/roach 1st then I get worried.

I can usually beat an expanding zerg but I lose to ling rushes and roach ling timings usually.

But been a few weeks since I came across a player who expanded 1st so could be a little of.

Mayb later on we can have a game or two to test out my theorys?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

godspal wrote: »
    Its not Greg, its Grack!

And as for the silver league, well actually I have won 8 out of my last ten games. And now I am starting to play mainly gold players.

Still struggling against toss though.
    My build:
    -9 O/L
    -15 Expo
    -14 Pool
    -14 Ext
    -16 O/L
    @100 Gas MB
    -2 Queen
    -24-30 (depends on scouting) RW
    (Just to deal with early pressure)

My mid game against them is either Roach/Hydra or Corrupter/Ling/Roach. But I find that if I don't crush their expo quickly that they can switch between collosi or void ray very easily. And I am stuck with a mid-game build that just doesn't work both ways. Any one able to tell me of a flexible mid-game transition.

EDIT: It gets harder and harder to scout toss when they turtle, and these are the times when I always lose.
    Roach Ling/bane infestor is far better than roach hydra corruptor.
    Also, a toss on 2 bases is fine, you just gotta attack him as hes getting his 3rd, normally a good idea is send 20 lings to force a cancel on the 3rd nexus, while pushing his natural to distract him. Then once he cancels the 3rd, retreat, as theres no point in suiciding your army.

also, anyone who tells you fast expand as zerg is a bad idea doesnt know what theyre talking about

@Saini play you whenever. Add me: wikipal 951

@UnHolyGregor: I know you love FE, but just curious, how do you defend against a ling/bling rush?

@Saini play you whenever. Add me: wikipal 951

@UnHolyGregor: I know you love FE, but just curious, how do you defend against a ling/bling rush?

15 hatch, 14 pool, 17 gas.
    as soon as your pool finishes, get 1 queen and a roach warren, defend his first few lings with your own lings, by the time his speed finishes, your 2nd queen should be out and you should have 3 or 4 roaches. block the ramp with roaches and queen, and if its super all in, put down a spine at your natural. easy peasy :)

@UnHolyGregor Okay you say that a Spine works for protecting your natural. i don't know... FE on Slag Pits, Metalopolis etc. are very exposed.

If I go one base, ling/bling and chase your drones towards your base and bring in my blings, I have pretty much killed your supply for that FE, and then surround your second queen. I am asking how you protect your expo. Can I play ya tonight? and you can show me how its done.

@UnHolyGregor Okay you say that a Spine works for protecting your natural. i don't know... FE on Slag Pits, Metalopolis etc. are very exposed.

If I go one base, ling/bling and chase your drones towards your base and bring in my blings, I have pretty much killed your supply for that FE, and then surround your second queen. I am asking how you protect your expo. Can I play ya tonight? and you can show me how its done.

easy. you ling bane all in, with about 14 builders, i block my ramp with roaches and queens, and have around 20 builders behind it, you will lose every time, unless i really badly **** up. in fact, even on maps like scrap station, its viable to fe, as, once i fight off your attack, i can counter with roaches and speedlings, and you wons have anything to defent it.

I wont be on tonight, but if your on today at all il play a few customs :)

Advertisement