Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcopops i have a question???

Options
  • 21-05-2011 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Allrightly folks...how are we all then??

So heres my question..now im not a regular drink i dont drink often.
    Now i like beer such as corona and miller but it has an effect of making sleepy...weird i know and bulmers has the same effect...already you must be thinking im off my rocker...but no i find bulmers very gassy...

Anywho i like the taste of Wkd and smirnoff ice...but if i was to ask for that at a bar am i likely to get sniggered at..what im saying is..is it more of a females drink....

What do you all think....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

Ask for a fat frog? That's got the nice alcopop taste without sounding or looking too girly, IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

xxshebeexx wrote: »
    Ask for a fat frog? That's got the nice alcopop taste without sounding or looking too girly, IMO :)

ah thank you...i'll try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tippboi

i wouldn't bother with a fat frog.. the last time i had one it cost me €15 and in my opinion doesn't get me drunk for the price of it... would you think of drinking guinness maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

tommmy wrote: »
    Now i like beer such as corona and miller but it has an effect of making sleepy...weird i know and bulmers has the same effect...already you must be thinking im off my rocker...
    that's what alcohol does ffs, its a depressant

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

tommmy wrote: »
    Allrightly folks...how are we all then??

So heres my question..now im not a regular drink i dont drink often.
    Now i like beer such as corona and miller but it has an effect of making sleepy...weird i know and bulmers has the same effect...already you must be thinking im off my rocker...but no i find bulmers very gassy...

Anywho i like the taste of Wkd and smirnoff ice...but if i was to ask for that at a bar am i likely to get sniggered at..what im saying is..is it more of a females drink....

What do you all think....

This forum is for over 18s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Have you tried west coast cooler? :D

I know exactly what you mean when you say beer makes you sleepy, especially after a long week of work.. Friday night in the pub and after one or two beers I start drifting off.

My solution was always to move on to vodka and redbull, however buying a can of redbull would probably work just as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭xxshebeexx

tippboi wrote: »
    i wouldn't bother with a fat frog.. the last time i had one it cost me €15 and in my opinion doesn't get me drunk for the price of it... would you think of drinking guinness maybe?

But you're getting three bottles for €15, that's what you'd paying anyway if you were buying them seperately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tipprep

If you're looking to have your choice of alcopop order appear more manly, then simply order a double vodka in a pint glass to mix it with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Double/Triple Vodka & Blue Wicked :D (Only when it's €2 drinks of course)

Another variation is double blue AfterShock and Smirnoff Ice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dohertydean

There is a lot of fellas that drink alcopops, it ant that girly a drink. Its sweet and teast nice, but its also full suger and more men who drink nothing but it are jumping around mad all night.
    Plus majority of fellas would at some stage or another swap their pint for one just a change, then go back on the pints.

But if your lookin to not fall asleep, then vodka and redbull all the way.
    This has to be my favoite drind, double vodka and redbull in a pint glass with loads of ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lamcc

Try a jeigermeister mixed with cranberry juice or ginger ale - 7up/coke also works - a much better option colour wise for those of an overtly male image conscious nature .... but to be honest I can guarantee that any girl would prefer to be seen with a guy who drinks any form of alcopops then one who is gassy at the end of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Drink Jack and coke

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

can't beat 2 jagerbombs to wake you up, or even to cleanse the palate if the pints are getting a bit old on you.(happens me more than i like to admit, but anyhoo). your flying again in 2 minutes.

Advertisement