Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Retailers

• 21-05-2011 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

So I went to order a canon 85mm f/1.8 from calumet,and they have no stock, nor do warehouseexpress.com

as they are the only two I have ever used before... and while for certain things I am willing to pay a premium to buy locally, I balk at paying 30% over the odds for the privilege....

so I don't want to buy from ebay as I need it fairly quickly

simplyelectronics? cowboys?

any other suggestions??

Comments

Digitalrev perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jaybeeveedub

isnt there all sort of customs issues with using them? coming from HK

they're also more expensive than UK retail...!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Try Ian Kerr in Kerso. Based in Scotland, whatever price he gives you won't incur customs/duties. He's also on ebay but make direct contact - it will usually save you an extra few bob than whatever he quotes on ebay.

A nice guy, Many on this forum (as I have done myself) have dealt with him without any difficulties.

• Advertisement

apparently the earthquake has had serious implications... can you imagine, Japan are having issues getting lenses out of the country... we had some snow and were barely able to keep the lights on!!

I use the google.co.uk shopping results, seem sto be similar to idealo...

only one canon e-tailer though!

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Try Ian Kerr in Kerso. Based in Scotland, whatever price he gives you won't incur customs/duties. He's also on ebay but make direct contact - it will usually save you an extra few bob than whatever he quotes on ebay.

A nice guy, Many on this forum (as I have done myself) have dealt with him without any difficulties.

have dropped him a line thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I've bought some stuff from HKBNS
    http://www.hkbns.com/shopping/site/Item/52-Canon-EF-85mm-f18-USM#

I got mine as a gift, took just 4 days and tracked on line(Slowest part was getting it from Dublin to my address!)

still way too expensive for coming from HK with customs....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Can't recommend Ian Kerr enough. An absolute pleasure to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I bought mine from adverts. Meet the seller in person, inspected and tried before handing over any cash. I've seen 1-2 of them about recently and you could even have one today if willing to travel!

I think i paid €220-230 for mine. Probably my favourite lens

it would make sense, I love adverts. I think its great, but at the moment people seem to be vastly overvaluing their non-L glass, most want a reasonable discount off RRP, which is miles off....! 350 at the moment! that's new from the UK prices!!

Advertisement