Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway City photowalk: Saturday July 2

• 21-05-2011 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

498450852_85e81b49d7.jpg

Location: Merlin forest and castle on the outskirts of Galway City.
    Time: July 2, 10am-5pm or so.
    Meeting place: The Supermacs opposite Merlin Park's entrance at 10am.
    Why here, Fenster? Why not? There are ruins, a big forest and amenities aplenty in the area.
    Please, tell me more... Contact me on Twitter as @bhalash or by email to mark@bhalash.com
    Where ever is your photowalk.ie posting, Fenster? Coming.
    I have kids, can I... Yeah, sure. There's a playground nearby(ish).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I'll be there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Hopefully I can get there, depends on work

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'll hopefully make it with my new Pentax K-7 and newish Sigma 30mm f.13 lens.
    Even though a wide angle lens could suit better....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

This might be just what I need to get out of the horrific photographic rut I've found myself in these past few months :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,380 ✭✭✭✭phog

I might travel up too, hopefully, I will remember to check back here for updates. Will be heading to Dublin on the Sunday so that may be a block on me heading to Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

In my diary for now with a questionmark. Should be possible but will decided closer to the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Looking forward to seeing you all there - Petra, you have no damn excuse to not come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Hi Mark, I should be there, looking forward to it.

Get the bus out from town I take it?

Threade of olde, arise from thy grave! I have the photowalk (belatedly) online on photowalk.ie, along with maps and directions:

http://photowalk.ie/galway-citys-merlin-forest-and-castle-saturday-july-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Will try to head along to this, might only be able to go for the first few hours though. We shall see!

• Advertisement

Also, I noticed on the photowalk.ie post

"Begin: June 13, 2011 at 10:00
    End: June 13, 2011 at 15:00"

Jim wrote: »
    Also, I noticed on the photowalk.ie post

"Begin: June 13, 2011 at 10:00
    End: June 13, 2011 at 15:00"

Whoops, fixx0red

Now to decide whether to stay the night before or get up extremly early or to safe a few minutes and meet at the wood...:cool:

xia wrote: »
    Now to decide whether to stay the night before or get up extremly early or to safe a few minutes and meet at the wood...:cool:

Woo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Won't be able to make it :(
    We were supposed to be having a stock take at work, so I couldn't book it off and then they've gone now and cancelled the darn thing and its too late to do anything about getting the day off :rolleyes:. Finishing work at 3pm, but I'd say everything will be almost over by then. Maybe next time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,380 ✭✭✭✭phog

phog wrote: »
    I might travel up too, hopefully, I will remember to check back here for updates. Will be heading to Dublin on the Sunday so that may be a block on me heading to Galway.

Count me out, wont be able to make it. Next time hopefully. Enjoy the day and please post some pics.

Double darn. :/

Reschedule?

Impractical. I have people coming from around the country. B&B's have been reserved and holiday times have been booked.

What happened? Weather forecast? Or people not able to attend? Booked my B&B today so will come no matter what :cool:

• Advertisement

Fenster wrote: »
    Impractical. I have people coming from around the country. B&B's have been reserved and holiday times have been booked.
    Ah, no problem so :) I'm still gonna do my best to make it.

Really annoyingly I'm away this weekend - always the same, nothing one weekend, double booked the following...

Its a pity because I was really looking forward to this one.

Jim wrote: »
    Ah, no problem so :) I'm still gonna do my best to make it.

Fair play.

Alright, everyone! The forecast for this Saturday is tentatively good The weather here has been warm, and getting warmer, although it'll still be fairly cloudy:
    Galway 4 – 6 Day Weather Forecast Summary: Light rain (total 3mm), mostly falling on Sat night, Very mild (max 16°C on Fri afternoon, min 9°C on Fri night), Wind will be generally light

I'm expecting what amounts to a fair oul crowd for Galway City: 10-15, depending on those who've yet to commit. :)

I'll be at the Supermacs opposite the entrance to Merlin Park from 9:30am on Saturday morning. Look out for a fat bearded guy with an argumentative five year old. Free parking is available in the main car park inside at the hospital - I'll guide you to it from there.

I'll be available by Twitter or phone on the morning, if you need directions: Phone 086 190 8088 (Mark) or tweet @bhalash.

Fenster wrote: »
    Look out for a fat bearded guy with an argumentative five year old.
    ...and the five year old is Mark...don't know who the older guy is! :D

(Sorry man it had to be done! :p )

Sorry, have to pull out. Fractured my ankle on Tues even playing football...
    Please post up lots of photos/links to photos afterwards.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Sorry, have to pull out. Fractured my ankle on Tues even playing football...
    Please post up lots of photos/links to photos afterwards.

Bollicks.

So how did it go? Ye couldn't have asked for better weather. Must be some great sun streak photos I'd guess.

No one has uploaded any images yet? :(

• Advertisement

I put my hopes for mine up for tomorrow (well kinda today...)

Everyone forgot their cameras it seems :pac:

I think, I saw a few others using cameras...Seems, they are hiding..

Here a few of mine:

WA?
    93E46C895C01487983494F1BAC3A957C-0000335714-0002419081-00800L-7C1185162976420F8B91C7AC0BEA2BF9.jpg

Hairy
    E8BFAB6F46004A818DBE5C29E08083D4-0000335714-0002419080-00800L-68EE9179F7DC4EB6AE6C54EC99EA0BC4.jpg

Cool Dog
    4BD93159E1774566819DC6FA7620148D-0000335714-0002419093-00800L-37261E7B07FB4040849CE3D42FC9B6E7.jpg

Our leader (open for discussion who is meant) - Subtitle: It must be possible to tear this hair out
    96777E457BB441CBB986B405BE6DBEBE-0000335714-0002419089-00800L-B1E2470628874343A9AB494EEDF7033B.jpg

anyone else with any photos???????????

Advertisement