Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Emails

Options
  • 21-05-2011 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am using Windows Live Mail for my Eircom emails. This morning on logging on I had received no emails since around midnight last night. I know that some had been sent during that time, but now that it has started working again, those haven't come through. This happened a few weeks ago too and I never got the missing emails. Is there any way of getting these?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

jprn wrote: »
    I am using Windows Live Mail for my Eircom emails. This morning on logging on I had received no emails since around midnight last night. I know that some had been sent during that time, but now that it has started working again, those haven't come through. This happened a few weeks ago too and I never got the missing emails. Is there any way of getting these?
    Thanks

Hi jprn,

Thanks for contacting eircom on boards and apologies for the delay replying.

My advise would be to immediately change your eircom email password on eircom's Online Password Changer - http://autoreg.eircom.net/passwordchange/

Then try to download your email again via the eircom Webmail Service at - www.eircom.net/email - Send yourself a quick test to confirm your email is working.

You may already be downloading your eircom email without your knowledge or on another Internet connection /or another email client may be downloading this email.

Changing your password will force you to input the new password and hence will block any other options trying to access your email (e.g : a remote email client at home, or office, or elsewhere).

Once satisified that your email is working again correctly on eircom's webmail service (www.eircom.net/email), then setup your eircom email account again using your email client.

Please see the following for help in setting you a third party email client with eircom email - http://bit.ly/lcnDLC

E-mail settings:
    Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net

OR Webmail access: http://webmail.eircom.net

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

When you open or read email it is considered downloaded and may be stored on a folder or temporary file on your computer.

If you still have difficulties or need clarifcation on missing email please contact eircom Technical Support

eircom Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please let me know if I can help you further on this or any other matter.

Kind regards,

Ant

Advertisement