Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High metabolic points of the day

Options
  • 21-05-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all,

There are 2 high metabolic points of the day both for training and off days. Any idea when they are. This is my logic so far.

Training days - First thing in the morning when your body is in a high metabolic state and directly after a workout.

Off days - First thing in the morning and then ?????.

Also what are the types of complex carbs that should be taken before bed time that are not protein and fat rich??

Thanks all!!

Best time to feed muscles 6 votes

Morning
    0% 0 votes
    Evening
    50% 3 votes
    Night
    33% 2 votes
    During night??
    16% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Just curious, but who said there are 2 high metabolic points in each day and that complex carbs should be consumed before bed? as I have never heard of this before

What do you mean by "a high metabolic point"? and why is this point first thing in the morning and at only 1 other point in the day?

Please provide links if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jeditraining1

Curious, get the impression that your one of these people that believes that you shouldn't eat before going to bed at all! Just because you haven't heard of something does not mean its not true. Love the old saying "a sure thats grand its been like that for years" well that doesn't mean a dam, as it does not mean it's safe or true.

http://flex.musclesecretsguide.com/2011/05/18/flex-3-points-to-maximize-your-metabolic-flexibility/
    http://kansastriclub.com/nutrition/eat-like-the-pros-creating-an-optimal-plan-for-metabolic-efficiency/
    http://www.themusclemaximizer.com/bulk-cut.php

A few of the many, vary slightly (Video is a sales pitch, along with the one attached to it) but it effectively they all make the same points. I was wondering what was peoples take on these times and who has found the second one to be most effective at particular times of the day.

Nothing in any of those three links mentioned anything about there being 2 high metabolic points in a day or explained what is meant by "high metabolic point". Neither did they explain why one of these points is first thing in the morning and the other at 1 other point during the day. Unless of course I am missing something?

You made a statement in your opening post
    There are 2 high metabolic points of the day both for training and off days.

I simply asked where you heard/read this as I have never heard of it before and asked for reference links

You also asked
    Also what are the types of complex carbs that should be taken before bed time that are not protein and fat rich??

Again I asked who said that you should eat complex carbs before bed?

Again, none of the links provided answered any of my questions.

Watch the video again, then look under it and follow the link to the second one.... sorry if that wasn't clear. Funny so your metabolic rate is scratching it's self after exercise, is it? HHHmmm nope..... depending on the training it can be the higher of the 2 and the better of the 2 opportunities to take what the body needs. What i need to know is when is it on your off days.

Hhhhmm then lets look at what happens after the last meal of the evening.... funny your metabolism must be different to everyone else's.

So go back..... watch the second video, read a little more including adjoined articles. Then come back to me. Or can someone else please answer the question.

I say again, just because you haven't heard of new ideas and new ways of training (Despite the fact its actually been around for years, just for some reason takes that long to creep into this sector and this country) does not mean it is not so. (Hate that closed mind mentality - really gets on my wick)

Thanks.

Watched the second video (sales pitch) as requested and I call Bullsh1t. IMHO this is utter rubbish. I'm out.

• Advertisement

HA!!! Not bull**** and well proven. Ho by the way now that you have walked your self into a wall go and read what I was asking for form the first stream. I asked what is the second time of the day...... I never disputed that the morning was not the highest time of the day. You brought that argument up!!

I also said it was a sales pitch, but the information contained was correct!!! Well done for making yourself look like a fool. lol And you said you could read.

You see its closed minded gob****es like you that wont progress form outdated stone aged way.

Now will someone with common scene, that wants to move on with knowledgeable information have this discussion with me.

Thanks for an entertaining conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Half nine.

ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Oh my fvcking god.

I just watched those videos.
    That is time I will never get back.

You lost me at somato.

I did say they were sales videos.... and I also did say only watch the second one!!

• Advertisement

To be honest I'd put far more weight with someone who knows about science rather than someone who knows about working out (I don't mean it in a bad way, just who I'd side with) and this article seems to have a scientific basis and they say there's one time of the day when your metabolism is highest.

As for when that point is, AFAIK it's all to do with circadian rhythms, in which case everyone's different. Even in the wild we'd be slightly different, but the fact that most people spend a lot of their time under false light, means that it really is a personal thing. Apparently it has a genetic aspect also.

http://www.keyvive.com/featured-stories/fat-metabolism-circadian-rhythms-and-your-new-year%E2%80%99s-resolutions/

Also, could you explain how it matters when that point is? Even if you eat while your metabolism isn't high, those nutrients will get used up either way. Why does it matter when your nutrients are used up the quickest? This isn't a criticism, it's a genuine question.

Science = good
    Pseudoscience = bad
    Bro-science = absolute rubbish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Read the site and buy the book. http://www.badscience.net/

It won't tell you anything about metabolic high points but it will tell you something about naivety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Jeditraining1 take a week off to familiarise yourself with the forum rules

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Broscience, broscience everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement