Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staymobile Insurance Claim

Options
  • 21-05-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have Staymobile insurance almost a year now, I made one claim last August when the screen on my iphone broke, they replaced my phone and it cost me €35 in excess

In March I rang up as my screen had cracked again and I was told it would be €75 in excess to get the phone replaced, At this stage I shopped around and got my phone fixed for €45, it was less hassle as well as I did not have to back up my phone again.

The insurance company called back and I told them that I had had the phone fixed and that I did not need to got ahead with the claim.

So last weekend, I dropped and smashed my phone again, I rang the insurance company to make a claim and the girl called back and left a message on my mobile to say that they need the receipt from the last repair of my phone.

Now I had gotten a friend of mine to bring the phone into his job to get fixed he works in one of the phone companies, so as it was a favour, I have no receipt.

So they will not deal with my claim until they have all the forms needed to substantiate my claim.

But can someone please tell me why they need the receipt from March? I mean the phone is broken should they just not replace it.

it does not state in their terms and conditions that it has to be repaired by an authorised repair centre?

(my phone was repaired in perfect working order)

All opinions would be greatly welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

My advice would be buy a protective cover for your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

My advice would be buy a protective cover for your phone.

I concur, 18 months with an iPhone working as an electrician with tools and phone often in same pocket and not even a scratch.......because its in a protective case!!

Advertisement