Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggested leisure routes in Mayo

• 21-05-2011 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

Heading up to Mayo next weekend and again in the summer. Just wondering has anyone got any good routes they'd be able to suggest around that neck of the woods? Mayo's a big county - I'll be based in the Foxford area and would venture maybe 70 - 100k of a Saturday. Not necessarily averse to a climb or 2 either. Was up there last January and did a lovely loop of Lough Conn.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

Not too familiar with the geography re Foxford but I had an epic day in North Connemara a couple of weeks ago looping through Maam Cross, Leenane and back via Letterfrack taking in two beautiful valleys.

If Leenane is within hitting distance it would be a good start. Killary is gorgeous, and the road from Leenane to Westport through Delphi is one of the most scenic in the country.

Something else tells me there's a route along a disused railway somewhere up there too?

Otherwise I think there's websites where people put up their routes, my tracks or wikitracks or something like that?

Enjoy anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

a148pro wrote: »
    Otherwise I think there's websites where people put up their routes, my tracks or wikitracks or something like that?

Enjoy anyway.

Wikiloc is the website, good source for routes all over the world, just do a search for Mayo or Foxford http://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/home.do

Advertisement