Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baked Cheesecake

Options
  • 21-05-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭

I'm usually rather lazy when it comes to dessert - ie I just don't bother.
    However, today I want to make a baked cheesecake.
    Does anyone have a tried and tested favourite recipe?
    Bear in mind that I'm going to make the base gingery and serve with roast, spiced rhubarb so I want the cheese cake to be fairly neutral in flavour (maybe vanilla) or I can always adapt a flavoured baked cheesecake recipe.

Thanks in advance.;)

This looks good to me. Anyone with more experience have an opinion on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Without a doubt my face baked cheesecake is nigellas new York cheesecake- it's vanilla, and I always use ginernuts for the base.
    Recipe link here:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/nigella-lawson-new-york-cheesecake-305015

twould be gorgeous with rhubarb! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I went with the recipe linked in my post but used ginger biscuits for base, used Greek style yoghurt instead of sour cream and vanilla seeds instead of extract.
    Twas delicious!
    Will definitely do again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

I made this twice recently. I used a recipe from 'Cakes and Bakes: Recipes from My Mother's Kitchen.'

I only altered the recipe to include some vanilla extract.

picture.php?albumid=1769&pictureid=10054

Advertisement