Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange

• 21-05-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello all. I've a strange one here. Our 6mth old little girl is full of divilment, laughing yapping and what have you, rarely cries, normal, regular 6mth old.
    However, on 2 previous visits to my sisters house she has absolutely freaked out, big tears, one way breath and completely unconsolable.
    The minute we walked out the front door of the house she was grand again. Went for a little drive around, looked at cows, she took app 3 oz of bottle, happy out.
    Back into the house, fine for maybe 5 mins and then repeat performance.

My grandparents both died in the house, and while I'm not spiritual, in fact a complete sceptic, I can't help thinking about this.

I don't really want this in the Paranormal forum as all I'll get is "of course, the baby is picking up the energy" or some sh1te, but I'd love to know whats going on or wrong.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Is it the house or your sister that is setting the child off?

Maybe your child associates the house with somewhere you give your sister more attention than you give her, or where you stay too long until it irritates her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Small kids are receptive to energies, but that doesn't mean a ghost is unsettling your child. It could be that going there makes you remember the deaths and make you a bit sad, which you may not even notice, but your baby picks up on. It could be the place smells odd to her, or like the previous poster mentions, that you pay the baby less attention than usual or the other way around- lots of strangers paying her attention, which she doesn't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Making strange starts around now... she's just unfamiliar with her surroundings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

That's fairly normal behaviour at that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

It sounds like making strange to me. She's the right age for it - different people and different surroundings can set that off in a little one. It's a phase, it will pass. Try not to get yourself upset, as she'll pick up on it and feed off it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement