Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Noire Just killed my xbox

• 21-05-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

hey lads

bought la noire yesterday,

i put it on , the first cut scene was very jumpy, didnt think much tbf.

after a minute or so, it was fine, i was out with me tourch solving crimes, about 15 min into the game , the xbox slim just cuts off:eek:

i tried to switch it back but it wont, i did notice the xbox was quiet hot.

the power source light is yellow, but the xbox won go on at all, i called microsoft and they will send me the label to get it courierd.

the game is in the xbox will i ever get that back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

hey lads

after a minute or so, it was fine, i was out with me tourch solving crimes, about 15 min into the game , the xbox slim just cuts off:eek:

the power source light is yellow, but the xbox won go on at all, i called microsoft and they will send me the label to get it courierd.

You should be able to still use the disc tray. Make sure you take out LA Noire before you send it for repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

GTR63 wrote: »
    You should be able to still use the disc tray. Make sure you take out LA Noire before you send it for repairs.

the xbox wont go on at all..

i got the disc out :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

the xbox wont go on at all..

i got the disc out :cool:

hmm bit worried about mine now. I had the juddery start to LA Noire as well but was fine for the next half hour. Kids were playing Lego Star Wars earlier and it froze up. Can I ask how old is your Slim? I thought first year warranty the Xbox should go back to the shop and further warranty (if there is any) is covered by MS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm I played for a good hour or so now. Looks okay so far. Xbox is pretty hot allright, but it's allways hot like this...

There is a good bunch of talks about la noire killing xboxes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

hey lads

What's the MFR date on the back of the console you should still be under warranty since the Slim hasn't been out a year yet, so bring it back to the retailer or failing that create a service request with Microsoft https://myservice.xbox.com/en-gb/Pages/Welcome.aspx

I wouldn't bring it to any third party just yet both of the options above will mean you pay nothing for a replacement console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Sounds like an coincidence to me really. You have an Xbox, they are prone to breaking.

They shouldn't, but they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

thorbarry wrote: »
    Sounds like an coincidence to me really. You have an Xbox, they are prone to breaking.

They shouldn't, but they do.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8410-L-A--Noire-Packing-Heat-as-Overheating-Issue-Hits-Xbox-360.html

Breaking PS3s too.

Still, all sounds very suspect.

i'm still not convinced. La Noire is a game that a hell of a lot of people are going to get. Xbox's break. If a alot of peoples xbox's break (like they do) when this game comes out, the game gets the blame. Which i dont think it should.

I used to work for xbox support so I am sort of a skeptic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

No, your Xbox died while you were playing LA Noire :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Healium wrote: »
    No, your Xbox died while you were playing LA Noire :p

Sure my first 360 died while playing Over G Fighters a year after i bought the game, the second on the dashboard ffs.

All the same, wonder is the heat generated from the DVD drive during that 20gig install that is causing latent soldering flaws to give way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Wrong forum (but i don't want to start a new thread) anybody experiencing these problems with the PS3 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

I installed the game on too the hard drive. Have hard no problem, might be worth installing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

hey lads

i bought my xbox slim on launch. i called microsoft today. they said they will change it, it literally just stopped, i never had one single problem... until i played la noire

hey lads

i bought my xbox slim on launch. i called microsoft today. they said they will change it, it literally just stopped, i never had one single problem... until i played la noire

well it is in warranty. if it was outside its warranty it'd be a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Tbf, LA Noire isnt much bigger a game then say, GTA, But it requires 3 discs....
    The face recording... thing.. and general look of the game is just awesome... not surprised its demanding the highest of preformances from the xbox.

*fingers crossed*
    mine hasnt crashed.... just xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

it would be well worth installing the discs onto the harddrive and if ye have new slims there wont be a shortage of space for it.

if you cant open the drive there's a little hole for a safety pin that releases the catch just like on laptops and computers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Rockstar have said that it is LA Noire thats causing the problem
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169235p1.html

Squaredude wrote: »
    Rockstar have said that it is LA Noire thats causing the problem
    http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169235p1.html

Did you read that?
    At this time, Rockstar Games and Sony can confirm that neither L.A. Noire or firmware update 3.61 are causing the PS3 hardware to overheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

garv123 wrote: »
    it would be well worth installing the discs onto the harddrive and if ye have new slims there wont be a shortage of space for it.
    s

+1- mine froze after about 15 minutes on the first play, i went back and installed all three disce and have had no problems since, maybe its just a coincedence, but it's still sound advice, if only to save the disck tray at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well heres is my take on it

I work for a certain gaming console company, and in anticipation for this game launch we got alot of material to read. Most of it was basically about the above "myth".

And it simply put, is a myth.

As with most of these myths, someone post on a foru msaying a game broke their Xbox or playstation. A second person comes along and agrees. Neither party think that maybe it was just coincidence.

All off a sudden there is a whirlwind of people jumping on board saying their game broke their Xbox.

Simple facts, it did not. If your Xbox suffers problems after playing La Noire then its simply just the console, nothing to do with the game.

There is a known issue at the start of the game with the opening cut scene stuttering. This is simply FPS lag and most users are experiencing it, R* confirmed that the opening scene has way too much rendering and draw distance for either console to handle properly and will be resolved in a coming patch. (potentially yesterdays)

But if your an Xbox owner and your console does run into issues with playing LA Noire, as in it breaks here are some GOOD options

Contact Xbox Customer support and explain the situation. They will run you through some troubleshooting, register your console then check its warranty status to see if it avails of a free repair. Depending on the issue you may be covered under a 12 month of an extended 3 year warranty.

No one, neither Xbox, Playstation of R* are entertaining the idea that the game is breaking the console, and remember these companies do come out and admit when things go wrong.

So for the time being the notion isnt being entertained, and I genuinely dont think its the cause of the problem.

If your Xbox ****s, its just your Xbox.

I've installed mine to hard drive, Xbox360S, not a problem. And to be honest, I havn't gotten many calls with anything to do with LA Noire, nevermind with ****ting consoles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

i'm still not convinced. La Noire is a game that a hell of a lot of people are going to get. Xbox's break. If a alot of peoples xbox's break (like they do) when this game comes out, the game gets the blame. Which i dont think it should.

I used to work for xbox support so I am sort of a skeptic.

If they break, like they do, wouldn't it have been FAR more likely for something like this to have happened when Modern Warface 2 or Black ops came out and the finger of blame pointed at those (assuming those xboxes just broke in unrelated ways)? Those were quite popular I believe..

If they break, like they do, wouldn't it have been FAR more likely for something like this to have happened when Modern Warface 2 or Black ops came out and the finger of blame pointed at those (assuming those xboxes just broke in unrelated ways)? Those were quite popular I believe..

I'm sure alot of xbox's did break when those games came out.

Mine broke the day I bought Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I don't blame the game, i blame the badly made hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Softair

i'v been pretty sick since Thursday so i'm onto disc 3 already and i'v had no problems on the 360 Slim, which I have since launch, since I installed all 3 disc's onto the hard drive. The Xbox does get pretty hot but as of yet has not crashed or overheated. So I would highly recommend you install the disc's onto the hard drive, one by one if you have to, because it really does help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Did you read that?

yeah I read it
    "Rockstar have now updated their FAQ on the matter, have admitted that it is a fault with their latest title LA Noire and have offered a work around"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Pro tips: Install all your games on your hard drive and don't you use you Xbox to play DVDs.

Yeah it sucks that we should feel the need to do this but why take the risk when it can be avoided?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Froze on me in first cut scene. Turned console off and on again and works fine. Some frame rate issues but that's an unrelated issue.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭vectra

La Noire breaking consoles..!!
    Brings back memories of when one of the Halo releases was blamed for breaking 360's.. Purely coincidental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Pro tips: Install all your games on your hard drive and don't you use you Xbox to play DVDs.

Yeah it sucks that we should feel the need to do this but why take the risk when it can be avoided?

Just a quick off topic question, PM if you don't want to side track the thread, But i was wondering, as I dont have a ps3 or 360, after you install the game to the hard drive do you need the disc to play it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

shizz wrote: »
    Just a quick off topic question, PM if you don't want to side track the thread, But i was wondering, as I dont have a ps3 or 360, after you install the game to the hard drive do you need the disc to play it?

yes you do. other wise people would just be installing and swapping like mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I got la noire the day it came out. I did not install it on my xbox slim. I didn't get the shutter on the intro screen and it's been playing well since. But my xbox is a bit noisier than usual, that is the only difference I can see.

Advertisement