Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother has Emphysema

Options
  • 21-05-2011 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi

My mother has had emphysema for the last few years. Starting to get really bad now. She is still smoking.

She was admitted to hospital 4 days ago, was told that she would be in for about 5 days.

She was told she now has diabetes and only 30% of her lung left and that it is now like a sponge :eek::eek::eek: (she's only just 50!!!)

Guess im just looking for an indication on how long more will she have with us? Or how much worse its gonna get? I know that nobody can know for sure but just an idea??? Guess Im too frightened to ask any doctors as I know I will cry.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I know you want answers but nobody here in this forum can answer those questions.

you or your mother or a family member need to speak to her treating team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement