Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heathrow terminal 1 to 5

Options
  • 21-05-2011 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all
    I have recently booked a flight from Dublin to SanDiego with British airways. I have to fly with airlingus from Dublin to Heathrow. I am due to arrive in terminal 1 at 13.25 and depart terminal 5 at 15.05. I am very worried as I am aware that this is cutting it quite short for time. I tried to change my flight time with BA but they said I would be charged an extra 800 euro. They did however reassure me that I would have enough time to get from terminal 1 to 5 and catch my connecting flight. I am very worried as I have never even been to Heathrow. has anyone ever done this before or is there anyone could put my mind at ease. Thank you
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This is the Feedback forum, for feedback on the site itself.

Your discussion would be more suited to the Travel forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

You'll be there in plenty of time. Rest assured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 leelee19

really? I hope so...dreading the rush but hope I make it OK thanks Hookah

When you come out of the baggage pick up area in T1, pass through the doors and you'll see stairs straight in front of you.

Go down them, and at the bottom you'll see some lifts on your right hand side.

Take the lift down to the Heathrow Express train station and get a connecting train to T5.

Make sure you get on the correct train.

thanks Hookah. I do not have to collect my bag so do I still have to go to the baggage pick up area?
    Is it easy to get around?

• Advertisement

leelee19 wrote: »
    thanks Hookah. I do not have to collect my bag so do I still have to go to the baggage pick up area?
    Is it easy to get around?

When you check-in in Dublin, ask to check your baggage the whole way through, so you won't have to pick it up. You just get from terminal to the next.

It's easy to get around, just follow the signs, (if in doubt ask an airport worker) but there is a good bit of walking involved, so start getting in shape now.

ok thanks a million.. I will onky have an hour to get from terminal 1 to 5 as my boarding is a half an hour before the flight which is 15.05

leelee19 wrote: »
    ok thanks a million.. I will onky have an hour to get from terminal 1 to 5 as my boarding is a half an hour before the flight which is 15.05

You'll already be checked in from Dublin, so you'll be fine.

The only thing I can't tell you about is U.S. immigration, because I've never been, and I think you'll have to pass them in Terminal 5.

Somebody in the Travel forum may be better informed, and can advise you there.

yes I am new to this and did not realise what forum I was in. Hve posted in the travel forum now. Thanks for your help

No bother. Safe travels.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement