Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council Tax

Options
  • 21-05-2011 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm just wondering can anyone fill me in on the situation with council tax..I will be flat hunting next month and want to know how much more council tax will add to weekly/monthly rent?
    Ideally I will be looking for a 1 bedroom flat, around £200-250 a week...

Cheers xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

depends on the area they have different bands a is for posh parts down to e or f for the less desirable spots, i was in east london and paid £55 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

will you be living alone or with a friend\partner

you get a 25% discount if you live alone

ive lived in several north london boroughs an have paid (with my girlfriend)
    between 120 and 150 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Out in Surrey I am paying around £110 per month, I think it depends on the area and banding. I think you get a 25% discount if you are the only adult living there, but not 100% certain.

There is more info here.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/YourlocalcouncilandCouncilTax/CouncilTax/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭maggiep2010

wow..£100-120 a month..thats steep..i'll be living somehwere in the east end, with my partner..if there is only one name on the lease i wonder do you still get that discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

...if there is only one name on the lease i wonder do you still get that discount?

No, the number of names on a lease makes no difference, they will send out the full bill to the address when you move in and you would need to contact the council to apply for any discounts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement