Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird feeders advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Make sure any peanuts are housed in small cages because the baby birds can choke on them, I had the same problem so I started feeing the jackdaws and rooks as well in another part of the garden. It's a good way to use up left over bread and cheese and pasta etc. and other bits that they can eat.
    I got a bag of layers pellets over the winter too for them they ate it then but are a bit more fussy now the weathers improved but it kept them away from the bird feeder, I gave up putting stuff on the bird table because they'd just nick it.
    That feeder should work looks pretty good mind you there's always one sneaky crow that gets the better of feeders although being metal it should be ok, they wreked the plastic ones I had.

Advertisement