Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Offended by fm104 news this morning........

• 21-05-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Had the radio on in the background and heard the newsreader talking about Obama's visit to Ireland next week. Was highly insulted to then hear her say that Obama will be giving a speech around Trinity to all the peasants in Dublin.

How dare they class people as peasants. I'm a hard worker, look after my family, abide by the law and pay my taxes and there is no way I'm going to be insulted by being called a peasant. The term peasant today is sometimes used in a pejorative sense for impoverished people.

Whoever writes the news scripts in there would want to get them proofed before they go on air.

Bad form 104 and shame on that newsreader insulting your listeners like that :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

wasnt gavin reading the news by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

neris wrote: »
    wasnt gavin reading the news by any chance?

No, some high pitched woman who was shockingly bad and clearly does not understand that she could cause offence by calling listeners 'peasants'. Was very surprised as 104 usually have a high caliber of newsreaders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Mega Buddy wrote: »
    Had the radio on in the background and heard the newsreader talking about Obama's visit to Ireland next week. Was highly insulted to then hear her say that Obama will be giving a speech around Trinity to all the peasants in Dublin.

How dare they class people as peasants. I'm a hard worker, look after my family, abide by the law and pay my taxes and there is no way I'm going to be insulted by being called a peasant. The term peasant today is sometimes used in a pejorative sense for impoverished people.

Whoever writes the news scripts in there would want to get them proofed before they go on air.

Bad form 104 and shame on that newsreader insulting your listeners like that :mad:

meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Are you sure you didn't mis-hear her saying "all those present in Dublin" or something else?

Sounds highly unlikely that they'd say "all the peasants"...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 King Size

I heard said bulletin this morning and the newsreader said "all those present in Dublin" as Bard said. Bit of wax in the ears Buddy?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

This has to be a wind-up? :D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

King Size wrote: »
    I heard said bulletin this morning and the newsreader said "all those present in Dublin" as Bard said. Bit of wax in the ears Buddy?!

Oh man that is funny! That's a liveline caller right there.

"Outraged Joe I was, peasants she called us"
    G'wan, G'wan tell me again how outraged were ya Buddy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Mega Buddy wrote: »

Id say the long wet summer nights fly by in your house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Well as i was saying to your researcher, I didn't actually hear it Joe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

giftgrub wrote: »
    Well as i was saying to your researcher, I didn't actually hear it Joe....

haha.. brilliant.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mega Buddy

King Size wrote: »

No wax in my ears buddy as I was not the only one to hear it. She could have at least corrected herself!

What a bunch of comedians we have on here :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

You sure she didn't say "pheasants"? There's plenty of them in Dublin you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

As someone said before on another thread, Boards needs a First World Problem forum where the likes of this could be posted and rightly ridiculed...

The OP really has little to be worried about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

giftgrub wrote: »
    meh

also meh...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

snort! :pac: this one has me giggling all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

tallpaul wrote: »
    As someone said before on another thread, Boards needs a First World Problem forum where the likes of this could be posted and rightly ridiculed...

The OP really has little to be worried about...

Fill yer boots... http://whitewhine.com

Advertisement