Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dentist for Students in UCC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 islandgirl

Try the Dental Hospital at CUH. Just need to get there before 8.30 (maybe 8.15) any morning Mon-Fri as it operates pretty much on first come first served basis. Rates are waaaaay lower than usual if a Student dentist does the work (they are closely supervised by consultants) and I think there may also be reductions for those with Medical Cards. Initial consultation is 30 euro. I went in last week at 8.30, was 3rd in line, seen by a consultant at 10.00, got xrays and all for that princely sum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

If you had to get your teeth done would you be better off going to a student dentist rather than an a normal that would be a lot more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

islandgirl wrote: »
    Try the Dental Hospital at CUH. Just need to get there before 8.30 (maybe 8.15) any morning Mon-Fri as it operates pretty much on first come first served basis. Rates are waaaaay lower than usual if a Student dentist does the work (they are closely supervised by consultants) and I think there may also be reductions for those with Medical Cards. Initial consultation is 30 euro. I went in last week at 8.30, was 3rd in line, seen by a consultant at 10.00, got xrays and all for that princely sum :)
    Just wondering; I went for a consultation out in CUH last Wednesday, told I need root canal treatment on one of my teeth. They took my details and said they'd be in touch.

Anyone have an idea of wait times to hear back for an appointment or any experience of waiting to arrange one with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

islandgirl wrote: »
    Just wondering; I went for a consultation out in CUH last Wednesday, told I need root canal treatment on one of my teeth. They took my details and said they'd be in touch.

Anyone have an idea of wait times to hear back for an appointment or any experience of waiting to arrange one with them?

were you told how much the root canal treatment would cost?

Advertisement