Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stage 14- Lienz- Mount Zoncolan.

• 21-05-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

33c19w6.png

salite_15_4_600.jpg

No thread for this yet. Stating the Zoncolan shortly. Another Contador appreciation day, with Rujano as the bridesmaid. It will be between both of them with Anto getting 3rd for me. Looking forward to Contador again today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

The Giro heads have just knocked the best part of 30-40 km of the route. Due to protesters on The Tualis climb which is/was just before the Crostis the bypassed Tualis and went straight to Zonacalan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's a bit of a mess isn't it, what's the reasons for the protest ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's a bit of a mess isn't it, what's the reasons for the protest ?

apparently tifosi on the second to last climb (they put a cat2 in to replace crostis) are protesting about taking out the crostis, so they took it out so they are straight onto zoncolan

going nuts on there at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

Just watching them going up the Zoncolan now, the gradient is rediculous, Supporters following the cyclists are literally walking by their side

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭antogz1979

Love to see Anton win this. He has been the nearly man on a lot of occasions.

• Advertisement

The mechanics with the bikes slung over their shoulders on the motorbikes don't look the most comfortable do they.

edit, even the motorbikes can't hack it !

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Beached

A motorbike has just blown a gasket due to the gradient, and a good tweet from Magnus Backstedt, "remember that it is that steep you have to hunch over the bars to keep the front wheel on the ground. Own experience!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

LOL at the guy with a fishing rod and some steak at the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Beached wrote: »
    tweet from Magnus Backstedt, "remember that it is that steep you have to hunch over the bars to keep the front wheel on the ground. Own experience!"
    :eek:

does anywhere show highlight at some stage, I've no skysports, so no eurosport either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

contador just blew nibali away :eek:

nibali comes back to contador good ride

great ride from anton

• Advertisement

Contador gifted another stage their. He could have won it, but gave it to his Spanish friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Anton is Basque no :)
    Gifted hardly, and only one of the finishers so far was boo'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

antogz1979 wrote: »
    Contador gifted another stage their. He could have won it, but gave it to his Spanish friend.

You are incredibly irritating.

happytramp wrote: »
    You are incredibly irritating.

Is the truth irritating you. You must live a sad life, if things that i write irritate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭not sane

not really enjoying the Giro, hope the tour is better. If contador wasn't doing this it would be really exciting, the others seem to be yo yoing and the lead would be nearly changing everyday. Contador will always be tainted how regardless of the outcome of the hearing my own opinion is hes dodgy at best and after all he was in armstrongs camp at one stage, did you hear the boos he got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

If you can mentally delete Clentador from the race it's much more interesting. At the moment there's only one second between Nibali and Anton in the battle for the pink jersey and there's plenty of racing yet to be done.

And, lets face it, if CAS hopes to retain any smidgen of standing (and maybe save the sport from repeating the current absurdity) all Contadoper's efforts are totally irrelevant and will be erased from the books along with his "win" in the tour last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

niceonetom wrote: »
    And, lets face it, if CAS hopes to retain any smidgen of standing (and maybe save the sport from repeating the current absurdity) all Contadoper's efforts are totally irrelevant and will be erased from the books along with his "win" in the tour last year.

Here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

titan18 wrote: »
    LOL at the guy with a fishing rod and some steak at the end of it.

yeah couldn't stop laughing at that myself. Contador didn't look too happy as he came around the last bend and the crowd were booing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

People see the fan with a steak on the end of a fishing line . hanging it infront of Contadope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Today most of the Garmin team climbed on a compact with a 32 on the rear cassette.
    David Millar climbed with a 38 * 38 combo.
    Class.
    I now have an excuse to fit Mtb gearing to my road bike.

• Advertisement

Anton was execellent today. Fair play to him. Contador is a legend. What has he got to do. Some people on this site think think they can cylce, look at Contador a legend.

Contador is a legend. What has he got to do. .

Race clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Is the truth irritating you. You must live a sad life, if things that i write irritate you.
    He is entitled to his opinion just as you are too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Omg that gradient was savage, i was in pain looking at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I really miss the Classics. I have been trying to watch this & toc. All is see is crazy mountains with riders of dubious history charging off up the road.
    Not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭crumliniano

ROK ON wrote: »
    I really miss the Classics. I have been trying to watch this & toc. All is see is crazy mountains with riders of dubious history charging off up the road.
    Not for me.

+1 just can't take it seriously.

Also, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere , but will nico's position as ag2r leader for tdf be in question following gadret's performance here?

Advertisement