Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ABRSM Piano Grade 6 - Staccato Scales in Thirds

• 21-05-2011 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the correct fingering for this is? Or at least tell me whether you use different fingers or the same two fingers throughout? Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Check this video out

He seems to have a stiff wrist though which isn;t the best and wouldn;t work at speed.. keep it floppy..

Generally I tell students they can play scales with their nose and big toe if they like as long as it sounds smooth and doesn't cause pain...BUT correct fingers are there for a reason,, the guy has used the same fingers for the whole scale so a that speed sounds ok..
    any examiner should only be listening to the sound produced rather than peeking over your shoulder to see if you are doing the 'right' fingers...

alternatively try and 'staccatoise' the legato fingers (which you would be doing in grade 7 anyway)..

RH
    EFGABCDE
    CDEFGABC

or Alternatively try the old 1324 combo attack in the RH..

Advertisement