Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography essays!!

• 21-05-2011 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

has anyone got any geograpy essays that are a standard please?? if so can ye post them here thank you. as many essays as you have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

Do you mean essays for the last section of the written test?

I might be able to give you notes on Geoecology if that's the topic you covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Do you mean biome questions?

Tell me if its the Tropical Rainforest or the North American Deserts and I will send you essays on one of the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Actually if you've anything on Geoecology I'd be massively grateful.
    Got some stuff on Biology, Business and English notes if ye want anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Would people mind PM'ing me Geo. notes?

I'd send amazing karma your way! I'm desperate. :( Thanks x x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

niamhhumag wrote: »
    has anyone got any geograpy essays that are a standard please?? if so can ye post them here thank you. as many essays as you have.
    So, basically, rather than doing your own work, you'd like those who *have* worked to just turn round and hand you the fruits of their labour?

Anything else we can do for you? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

A good book for this kind of thing is Exam Skills by Sue Honan - it has sample answers written out for common questions that come up. Not a replacement for a textbook or anything, but I found it helpful.

http://www.schoolbooks.ie/320680-Exam+Skills+Geography++Mentor+Books+School+Book

(you might get it cheaper in your local schoolbook shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TaraP1993

Actually if you've anything on Geoecology I'd be massively grateful.
    Got some stuff on Biology, Business and English notes if ye want anything?

Have u got any sample essays on any poets? Boland Frost Dickonson? id really appreciate it

So, basically, rather than doing your own work, you'd like those who *have* worked to just turn round and hand you the fruits of their labour?

Anything else we can do for you? :)

There only asking for a bit of help, its not gonna put people out too much, everyones stressed

Got 3 Sample essays (Kavanagh, Yeats and Rich) but I've a long enough piece covering everything if you're interested, just PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

TaraP1993 wrote: »
    There only asking for a bit of help, its not gonna put people out too much, everyones stressed
    I know everyone is stressed, but there is a difference between saying ...

"Has anyone got some good notes on Topic X they would be prepared to share with me? I have some excellent notes on Topic Y I could give you in return."

and

"Can somebody please spend their valuable time typing / posting all the good geography essays they've ever written so that I can basically mug them up and pass them off as my own work!"

One is fair exchange, and people helping one another out; the other is ... well, I'll leave you to work out what it is! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

karaokeman wrote: »
    Do you mean biome questions?

Tell me if its the Tropical Rainforest or the North American Deserts and I will send you essays on one of the two.

you're not charging for them??

Not for mine anyway :P
    Got a few notes on here off a variety of people,
    See it only fair to share them with others :P

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

If anyone is willing to send me on notes for HL english i'd be very grateful..especially notes on poets :)

Also..if you've comparative notes on Billy Elliot, How many miles to Babylon?, and sive :)

Alv_M wrote: »
    If anyone is willing to send me on notes for HL english i'd be very grateful..especially notes on poets :)

Also..if you've comparative notes on Billy Elliot, How many miles to Babylon?, and sive :)

whats in it for that person? A date? ; ). How will you gratefully reward him/her ?

I know everyone is stressed, but there is a difference between saying ...

"Has anyone got some good notes on Topic X they would be prepared to share with me? I have some excellent notes on Topic Y I could give you in return."

and

"Can somebody please spend their valuable time typing / posting all the good geography essays they've ever written so that I can basically mug them up and pass them off as my own work!"

One is fair exchange, and people helping one another out; the other is ... well, I'll leave you to work out what it is! :)

im sure if someone asked theyd b happy to help we havent all dont the same topics for everything so its hard to say ill help you with something as they might not have done it the only way we can help eachother is to ask, i get what your saying but were all here to help eachother not to be selfish about it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

I have the best notes you will find on some a regional geog typed out, they're not answers, more a list of SRPs for each section.. I'd gladly swap them for something on biomes, on human interaction preferably.. I'm doing the Desert biome in SW america btw :)

I've actually alot of other good stuff for physical geography as well I could probably just scan in and send them too, hopefully you'd be able to read my writing, would be nice if someone wanted to compare each others answers and maybe improve them somehwat :)

Also have very detailed notes on dickinson, boland, rich and yeats typed out, if anyone had any work on comparative (I'm doing il postino, lies of silence and dancing at lughnasa) it'd be great if we could sort something out..

Pm me or just reply here if anyones interested! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

whats in it for that person? A date? ; ). How will you gratefully reward him/her ?

Im guessing you have notes on what im looking for :) lol :P

Alv_M wrote: »
    Im guessing you have notes on what im looking for :) lol :P

my altruistic self has all manner of notes. You never know yer luck ta da!

Advertisement