Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduating in October; Graduate program question

Options
  • 21-05-2011 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

hey,

I am graduating in October. I am interested in applying for a graduate program but don't want to until next summer, not this summer. Are graduate programs only for those who are just finished college or are they for recent graduates as well?

Cheers,

kP :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pakb1ue

Normally it says people graduating in 2011 also graduates from 2010 will be considered.

Graduate normally means your level of knowledge. One of the guys I started with on a graduate scheme had done his degree about 20 odd years ago and was looking for a career change.

You could do interviews now and ask if you can start on a later intake but this would only work with a big company.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Usually it applies to graduates who are about to graduate or recently graduated. I say they let people in between one to two years after graduation. It depends on the graduate programme you are applying for, restrictions like that can vary for each graduate programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Anything up to two years pretty much. Its level of expertise in that field rather than is age XX and graduated in YY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Darcie

Yeah recent graduates for sure. I think you are classed as a recent graduate for a year or so after you complete your degree.

Advertisement