Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Joomla

Options
  • 21-05-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Hi, can someone please help! I am still kind of new to any type of web development and I am having trouble installing Joomla. I have a subdomain folder I downloaded Joomla into and went through the usual installation steps to set it up. When I get to the end, it tells you to delete the installation folder to continue to the admin for the site. But once I delete the folder, I kept getting '404 forbidden' error message. So i was advised to rename the configuration.php-dist file to just configuration.php. Now I keep getting '500 internal server error'...........Is installing Joomla meant to be this difficult! All help greatly appreciated! wink.gif
    I have already asked this question to two different people in support@blacknight but have not been able to sort it yet. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Panic over! Finally got it to work with the help of Nick in Blacknight, so thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Glad to hear it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nualahyland

Does anyone know of a person who knows joomla for putting up items on my website.  Also what would their cost be for say 4 hours work a week.
    This would be in the Laois area, any direction welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Does anyone know of a person who knows joomla for putting up items on my website.  Also what would their cost be for say 4 hours work a week.
    This would be in the Laois area, any direction welcome.
    This wouldn't be the best forum to look for that kind of service. You might try advertising for freelancers over on http://freelancejobs.ie/

Advertisement