Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Cruise

Options
  • 21-05-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Did a quick search for the 'Corrib Princess' cruise and the results only threw up suggestions for the evening tour/party with no mention of the day cruise(s).

I'm heading down to Galway with my OH next week, and thought a day cruise on the Corrib Princess might be a nice idea (and better than the evening one as there'll only be the two of us), so I was wondering if anyone has been on a day cruise on the Corrib Princess? And if so, what did you think of it?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Hi

It's been 5 or 6 years since I took a trip on the Corrib Princess but assuming nothing much has changed then it's a really enjoyable trip.
    It leaves from Woodquay which is close to the city centre and travels
    up the lake for an hour and the back down again.
    There's a top open deck if the weather is fine and a lower deck which is covered in. They have a bar so you can get a drink or maybe tea.
    Round trip is about two hours from memory. I think they do a trip at 2 and 4 o clock and if there are crowds around, an evening trip as well.
    Check the tourist office for more info on times.
    Enjoy your visit to Galway and bring some fine weather with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Thanks for the info. Looks like that's the first 'activity' to go on the itinerary, along with the usuals of Salthill prom, Spanish arch, the Cathedral, etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Corrib Princess

Daily sailings for the Corrib Princess depart daily 2.30 pm & 4.30 pm more information available on www.corribprincess.ie or call me Roisin 091 592447

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunno if you are aware OP, there is a deal at the minute to get the tickets for half-price http://livingsocial.com/deals/40313-90-minute-river-cruise-for-two-people

Advertisement