Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.R.M.S 30 mm QD Scope mount review.

Options
  • 21-05-2011 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭

Following the review I did earlier with my MKE T-43 rifle, I had been saving to put some good glass/guality mounts on the rifle.

I purchased a IOR 2.5-10 x 42 secondhand off the for sale fourm here some months (ill get around to doing a review when its on the rifle) ago so it was time to get the mounts.

Ive used A.R.M.S mounts before on an aimpoint. For the aimpoint its solid, well made and holds very close to zero (so close that I didnt feel the need to adjust) when I remove it off the rail.

I contacted A.R.M.S last week and placed my order....

A.R.M.S #22 low mounts.
    A.R.M.S #22 TRC (Tactical ring cap)
    A.R.M.S #22 TRR (tactical ring rail)

Needless to say that I was like a kid at christmas when I got them.

DSCF0864.jpg

I also recieved a free key chain light smile.gif

Mounts out of there respective packages...

DSCF0866.jpg

DSCF0865.jpg

I also got the Tactical ring cap and rail (on back order) for the extra few $ that it was I thought why not as I was thinking of getting a small doctor sight it the future.

Unfortunatly Im still waiting for a A.R.M.S HK claw mount so that I can mount it to my rifle but I have a length of picatinny rail that I can use for demonstration.

DSCF0870.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

As in the title the mounts are QD meaning Quick detach. With a simple turn of the lever the mounts lock solid onto the rail and dont budge, again this is the same for my aimpoint mount and its never worked loose.

The mounts themselves are an all steel construction with a parkerised finish so they will last for years. 2 mounts weigh in at 176 grams.

DSCF0885.jpg

So how do they work....... The below picture are the mounts side be side in the OPEN position. The mount sits on the rail with the dark coloured steel piece sitting between the ribs.... simple so far....

DSCF0882.jpg

By rotating the handle 90 degrees (the 2 mounts are a pair so both can be turned in toward each other) the lever acts on a cam and locks the mount to the rail.... Thats how simple it is smile.gif

DSCF0883.jpg

Being the low mounts, here is how low it sits to the rail....

DSCF0875.jpg

It doesnt look it, but theres actually a mm or 2 there. This might not suit some but as the mount that Im waiting on will have the scope very high, this is perfect.

Cost of the mounts.... $119 USD + 37 Shipping and handling which works out as €110.17

Any questions please feel free to ask.

GH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Frock me that is low, nice setup.
    Scope looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Frock me that is low, nice setup.
    Scope looks good.

Ill be using it with a HK Stanag mount that ARMS are reproducing with a picatinny rail attached. The picatinny rail on the mount is alot smaller than the piece of rail in the pics so it will work perfectly as the stanag mount lifts the rail off the rifle a considerable bit (it looks really origional so I love it and also allows for the use of iron sights too).

The mounts are a buy once and not have to buy again as there picatinny mountable if i sell the gun ill have universal mounts.

I just wanted to show others whats out there at reasonable cost. :)

Aww the scope .... yep... thank you :)

GH

Advertisement