Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upgrading- a quick question

• 21-05-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

hey guys, just checking before i move any further.

i got bored today and decided to open up my gearbox for an inspection, everything looks ok, few signs of wear and tear but its to be expected from an aeg thats been skirmished for over a year since purchase. i have to say, im suprised how easy it was to take apart.

im looking into ditching my blow back and buy a new cylinder, cylinder head and piston. will this increase my power or just make my aeg more reliable and shoot smoother? im right up near the joule as it is and dont want to push it any further.

in regards to parts i was looking at an irish site that sell asg ultimate parts, how do people rate these? are they good upgrade parts? is there anything better for simular money?

finally, how good is the standard trigger switch on the g&g gr15 raider? i was looking at upgrades and better wiring. is there any use changing out the switch for an upgraded one?

everything else looks good, so i just want to change the piston/clyinder assy and the wiring/trigger switch and re wire it all with deans again.

sorry for the essay but there just the current thoughts rushing around my head.

thanks,
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭DeBurca

If you want do away with the Blow Back on a Raider you only need to replace the cylinder, the existing cylinder head will fit any standard cylinder and you only need to change the piston if it is showing excess signs of wear
    The raider is very reliable even if the bolt cover is a bit delicate

If you remove the blow back system with the smaller cylinder on top of the gearbox you have no place to attach the return spring for the charging handle

The switch used in the raider is fine and so is the wiring, but if you are considering fitting a High Speed Motor then I would suggest that you upgrade the wiring to handle the extra current that a HS Motor will draw and yes Deans connectors are a good addition to any AEG

As for Ultimate parts I cannot advise you as I personally have never used them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

DeBurca wrote: »
    If you want do away with the Blow Back on a Raider you only need to replace the cylinder, the existing cylinder head will fit any standard cylinder and you only need to change the piston if it is showing excess signs of wear
    The raider is very reliable even if the bolt cover is a bit delicate

If you remove the blow back system with the smaller cylinder on top of the gearbox you have no place to attach the return spring for the charging handle

The switch used in the raider is fine and so is the wiring, but if you are considering fitting a High Speed Motor then I would suggest that you upgrade the wiring to handle the extra current that a HS Motor will draw and yes Deans connectors are a good addition to any AEG

As for Ultimate parts I cannot advise you as I personally have never used them

thanks for the reply. im going to change out the cylinder alright, will that effect my fps?? i was going to upgrade the piston and piston head just for the ''gucci'' of it, the standard one looks fine. i dont want to do anything that will up my fpr, i just want a crisper shot in semi and stronger more reliable internals

Advertisement