Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carmageddon

Options
  • 21-05-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Carmageddon.com has a countdown timer, im guessing (hoping) for an announcement of a new game.

Carmageddon_box.jpg
    Hopefully Max Damage will make a return!

CC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CombatCow wrote: »
    Carmageddon.com has a countdown timer, im guessing (hoping) for an announcement of a new game.

Carmageddon_box.jpg
    Hopefully Max Damage will make a return!

CC

omg, if that is a sequal or atleast remake of C2 i will poop my pants!

1269539093291.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

omg, if that is a sequal or atleast remake of C2 i will poop my pants!

1269539093291.jpg

x 2 zillion! And as long as they leave it at humans and not zombies, that ruined the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was never a fan of Carmageddon (I know, I know. Shame on me), I was more of a Twisted Metal man myself. But I'd be more than happy to see a Carmageddon game released with today's tech. Could be great fun :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yes please; I still remember fondly the flip kills I did with great pleasure...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

LOVED Carmageddon 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Carmageddon 1 was hilarious, that granny who'd shout out: "I was in da' waaaar!" would crack me up everytime. That game came out during that period of controversial games like Duke3D, Blood, GTA1, etc, and was always a joy to play.

Carmageddon 2 was ok but the novelty had sort of worn off and wasn't as fun the 1st one

Carmageddon TDR................well, the less said about that.......

Hmm, I do have all 3 of them. Should give the 1st 2 a whirl again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

deathrider wrote: »
    I was never a fan of Carmageddon (I know, I know. Shame on me), I was more of a Twisted Metal man myself. But I'd be more than happy to see a Carmageddon game released with today's tech. Could be great fun :)

twisted metal !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Carmageddon 1 was hilarious, that granny who'd shout out: "I was in da' waaaar!" would crack me up everytime. That game came out during that period of controversial games like Duke3D, Blood, GTA1, etc, and was always a joy to play.

Carmageddon 2 was ok but the novelty had sort of worn off and wasn't as fun the 1st one

Carmageddon TDR................well, the less said about that.......

Hmm, I do have all 3 of them. Should give the 1st 2 a whirl again.

I loved second one, was great crack. Car physics and damage model is way better then alot of brand new modern games. It was really damn fun.

I remember the amount of cars that game had... And they all felt sooo different. Is there any hd mod for car2? Would love to give it a go again, but I guess it will be horrible on very low ress :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Looks like Square Enix only reregistered the domain last month
    Registrant:
    Square Enix Europe (SQUAREEN853)
    Wimbledon Bridge House
    1 Hartfield Road
    London, London, SW19 3RU
    GB

Domain name: carmageddon.com

Record created: 2011-03-16 17:26:53
    Record last updated: 2011-03-22 05:56:48
    Record expires: 2013-05-20 04:00:00

That looks promising...

feylya wrote: »
    Looks like Square Enix only reregistered the domain last month

That looks promising...

they only registered carmageddon.com last month? it hadn't existed until then?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

quarryman wrote: »
    they only registered carmageddon.com last month? it hadn't existed until then?!

Reregistered ;) They probably never renewed it after the last game.

feylya wrote: »
    Reregistered ;) They probably never renewed it after the last game.

ah. damn! should have got in there and grabbed it myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Happy ****ing days!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Best. Games. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

So many wasted hours on car 2, definitely time for a remake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Land on top of other car.
    Mash Opponent repulsificator key.

Victory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Completely forgot about this game.
    Want to go play it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

holy HOLY s/hit. I remember losing days of my life to the original DOS version when it came out. The memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Completely forgot about this game.
    Want to go play it now

Make sure you have a few spare days handy. This game should come with an addiction disclaimer. You have been warned. GTA has little on this one. Avoid TDR 2000 like the plague though. That one sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So what then...its just gonna be Carmaggedon with the physics and graphics of modern Burnout or Need for Speed games.....

:eek:

....I'll be in my bunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Oh dear. If this is true and done right, it will be beyond epicness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If not for Carmageddon I probably wouldn't like metal. True story.

Another game would be nice. Oh, the good times smashing into opponents and shooting pedestrians with the electro-bastard ray...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Where they pedestrians or zombies? Can't really remember.
    All i can remember is trying to launch off a jump and land on as many as possible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think it depended on what part of the world you were in whether or not they were pedestrians or zombies
    i think the only difference was the colour of the blood on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I loved the first two games played the **** out of them. It was all about the granite car powerup for me, slamming into other cars at high speed and watching as they got blasted into near Earth orbit...great stuff. If there is another one I hope it's as free roaming as previous. I mean I couldn't give a toss about the actual race aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There was a race?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah so they say. Might just be folklore though. I was too busy to notice, what with the killing and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Still have my original disc in the wardrobe. Hours of fun, my dad even bought a force feedback steering wheel at the time to play it. I hope to god they do it justice, still remember the airport level and driving across the glass roof the terminal - cant remember if it shattered or not, think it did. And the bloody giant yellow dumper truck that took ages to destroy. Full tilt at the thing and all you'd do is smash up your own car not even a scratch on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Game brings back memories. I'll always remember running down the flagman when the race starts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

better have the electro bastard ray! zap

Advertisement