Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilcoole AC Annual 5 Mile Road Race - 29/5/2011

• 21-05-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Just a reminder that the annual Kilcoole AC 5 mile road race will take place on Sunday 29th May at 11am.

This 5 miler (incorporating 3 miles for walkers) is an event for anyone and everyone 18 or older on 29th May 2011, from fun runners to elite athletes to keep fit enthusiasts to walkers, footballers, camogie players, joggers, those who want a preparatory run with a competitive edge for the Women’s Mini Marathon, and everyone in between.

The race starts and finishes at Coláiste Chraobh Abhann, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow.

Entry Fee is €15.00, payable on the day at the start location (Coláiste Chraobh Abhann) 9:45 am until 10:30 am.

Prizes for:

Individual:

1st, 2nd, 3rd Male & Female (€100/ €75/ €50).
    1st Master Man & Woman (€50).
    Please note that athletes can only win one individual award.

Team:
    Male team (€100).
    Female team (€100).

http://www.kilcooleac.com/kac_5mile_2011.html Website

Support a great club at a well organised event! :D:D

See you there!

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 1 vote

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    100%
    AlmostQuick 1 vote
    3 stars (average)
    0%
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Hi,

How many make up a team (2,3,4?)?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Pronator wrote: »
    Hi,

How many make up a team (2,3,4?)?

Teams:

Male/Female teams only; that is no mixed gender.
    Teams can be mixed senior/master.
    Four runners maximum per team.
    Three runners minimum per team.
    Scoring is based on the three fastest athletes in a team.
    No additional charge for team entries.
    Team declarations take place on the day.

Hope this helps! :D

Bumping up for those looking for a well organised and friendly race this weekend!

Results of today's race:

http://www.kilcooleac.com/kac_5mile_2011.html

And some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12747572@N02/sets/72157626707708349/

Hope everyone had a good race and enjoyed it.

Feedback appreciated, good and bad points please!

Well done to all participants!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

4 stars (good)
    annieee wrote: »
    Results of today's race:

http://www.kilcooleac.com/kac_5mile_2011.html

And some pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12747572@N02/sets/72157626707708349/

Hope everyone had a good race and enjoyed it.

Feedback appreciated, good and bad points please!

Well done to all participants!
    Very well organised race, the wind was the only problem. Lots of encouragement from the numerous stewards as ever. I have one minor query. How are the finishing times recorded? My time on the results sheet is around 30 seconds slower than I ran- I'm also given just 2 seconds over the next finisher but that wasn't the case. Any chance it could be chipped in the future or is that too expensive an option?

• Advertisement

Very well organised race, the wind was the only problem. Lots of encouragement from the numerous stewards as ever. I have one minor query. How are the finishing times recorded? My time on the results sheet is around 30 seconds slower than I ran- I'm also given just 2 seconds over the next finisher but that wasn't the case. Any chance it could be chipped in the future or is that too expensive an option?

Will pass your comment on to the timekeepers and certainly suggest chip timing for next years race. Not sure about timing as I was stewarding at start and just past mile 3. Apologies if your time wasn't accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

unfortunately couldn't make this race this year, as had a touch of the times..... was a right race last year though

on the chip timing thing, it can be an expensive thing - we're looking into having chip timing for our club race for the first time this year and we were quoted 400euro from one chip timing supplier (for approx 200 entrants) - does anyone know what the standard going rate is????? it cuts into funds big time for a race charging only 10 or 15 euro to enter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

unfortunately couldn't make this race this year, as had a touch of the times..... was a right race last year though

on the chip timing thing, it can be an expensive thing - we're looking into having chip timing for our club race for the first time this year and we were quoted 400euro from one chip timing supplier (for approx 200 entrants) - does anyone know what the standard going rate is????? it cuts into funds big time for a race charging only 10 or 15 euro to enter

2e per athlete for a small race like that seems to be right and around what I was quoted for same (up to 500 entrants)

Advertisement