Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the quality of dsl in midleton?

Options
  • 21-05-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Have almost settled on an apartment in midleton that has a phone line, but I'm wondering what quality I can expect from the exchange? Are they up to 3mb yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Tonio

I get 5Mb on the outskirts of the town - about 2.5km from the exchange. It is reliable - almost always a constant speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Excellent, I've previously been with vodafone at home in the midlands and hope to continue down here, unless there are better ( apart frm eircom, il never go with them)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Better off going with East Cork Broadband, current base install is 7Mb Down 1 Mb up and a daily usage of 8Gb, thats 7Mb all the time, not UP to, some apartments are already wired for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Interesting, but sadly it looks like I'm not pre wired for it, that's 140 quid for installation and wifi, which is a lot. I'd have to be guaranteed 7 meg constant for that kind of outlay.

Advertisement