Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best mobile operator for roaming?

Options
  • 21-05-2011 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I hope someone can advise me on this.

I am going to be travelling in Russia, Mongola, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and probably India, the Middle East and North Africa.

Can any of you recommend which network would be best for roaming in these countries? I need to be able to make phone calls as I own a business in Ireland.

Currently I am with Three.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Hi all

I hope someone can advise me on this.

I am going to be travelling in Russia, Mongola, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and probably India, the Middle East and North Africa.

Can any of you recommend which network would be best for roaming in these countries? I need to be able to make phone calls as I own a business in Ireland.

Currently I am with Three.

Thanks!

get yourself an iridium 9555, $1.25 per minute to make a call worldwide, it would be cheaper than roaming in some of those countries, and have coverage, when you really need to make a call...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

This post has been deleted.

depends on how important the ability to make a call is? also it would be a pain the arse to get local sims for all the countries above, also with the iridium you can txt / txt to email too.

you can also rent the iridium phone for $39 per month

Advertisement