Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Midleton and the surrounding area like?

Options
  • 21-05-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I might have to relocate to Midleton for work reasons. Is it a good place to live/work? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

Im from Midleton..Its a nice town..20/30 min drive from cork city...Any specific info your looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

The town has everything in reguards shops etc but the town seems very very dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kev80

Alv_M wrote: »
    Im from Midleton..Its a nice town..20/30 min drive from cork city...Any specific info your looking for?

Thanks. What would be the best area to live in? What kind of rent would you expect to pay? What are the pubs/restaurants like? Sports groups/organisations? What are the nearby beaches like?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

Kev80 wrote: »
    Thanks. What would be the best area to live in? What kind of rent would you expect to pay? What are the pubs/restaurants like? Sports groups/organisations? What are the nearby beaches like?

Do you want to live close to the town? Rent seems to be generally around 600-900 per month.. http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1008738 http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=907141 http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1041922

Restaurants are really nice...Often good live music in wallis' and mcdaids..mcdaids is the only late bar tho so if your not there before 11 you cant get it..the other pubs are ok too.

There's GAA..soccer..rugby..athletics..golfing..tennis in lower aghada.

Plenty of sandy beaches...Garryvoe (Lovely blue flag beach)...shanagarry...Ballymona..ballycroneen..ballybranigan..Ballywilling.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Just landed a nice 2 bed apt for 650 pm, be sure to haggle on your rent, it's a renters Market!

Looking forward to exploring the area, there seems more to do and see than the midlands!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Was in midleton today and I must say the town was full of energy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm living in Midleton the last 10 years, and I think it's a great town.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Im from Midleton also,must say its a great town,plenty of pubs,restraunts,has a few good gyms,multiplex cinema,tesco,supervalu,saturday morning farmers market and all within 10-15 mins to the beaches....plenty going on all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Hi

Im staying with the family in Midleton next week.
    Anyone with recommendations of good places to eat ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nikster

alibabba wrote: »
    Hi

Im staying with the family in Midleton next week.
    Anyone with recommendations of good places to eat ?

Thanks

The Sage is a great restaurant and they do a wonderful kids menu too (meaning it's not just sausages and chips!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

I hear that Prince William is a big fan of Midleton:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

scholar007 wrote: »
    I hear that Prince William is a big fan of Midleton:D
    I hear he is in midleton every night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Seloth wrote: »
    The town has everything in reguards shops etc but the town seems very very dull.

The area of Midleton, oh whats it called....... oh yes, pippasarse is very scenic indeed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

Hi,

I've lived in Midleton for over 10 years. It's a great town. Good restaurants for most tastes. A stones throw to the city, the train service, regular buses and good roads. A cinema, a good community spirit. There are four supermarkets for the groceries and the market on Saturday is also very good . I think daft have nearly 130 properties up for rent so plenty of choice there. There are some lovely forest walks nearby, loads of beaches and playgrounds for the children within a 20-30 minute spin.

For adults the pub scene isn't amazing but I like the maple (rugby pub) and Mcdaids is packed with the younger crowd for late opening at the weekends.

Sportswise, Midleton athletics club is strong as are the rugby, GAA and soccer clubs. There are several gyms with some active martial arts clubs in town.

I hope you like it here when you move. By the way my mate rents his four bed detached house in a lovely estate for 850 a month. Most rentals are very negotiable here at the moment.

Advertisement