Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO question

• 21-05-2011 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Ok this is probably going to sound like a stupid question considering the reams of posts about putting your choices in order of preference.

I was wondering does someone who puts down a course on their CAO as there first preference gain an advantage against myself if I put down the exact same course as my second choice if we both were on equal pegging?

(and I didnt get my first choice)

As in if we both got the EXACT same points would the person who has the course as their first preference be picked over me?

anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

No, they would not have any advantage over you.

Even when nearly all the places are gone, and the people left have the same points, it's picked completely at random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Molly_88 wrote: »
    Ok this is probably going to sound like a stupid question considering the reams of posts about putting your choices in order of preference.

I was wondering does someone who puts down a course on their CAO as there first preference gain an advantage against myself if I put down the exact same course as my second choice if we both were on equal pegging?

As in if we both got the EXACT same points would the person who has the course as their first preference be picked over me?

anyone know?

If ye had the exact same points and there was 1 place left for the 2 of ye then it would be this draw system thing they have.

It says all the info you need in the handbook anyway, they don't give it to you for the craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Molly_88 wrote: »

No.

Do have a read through your handbook, it will well repay your time in terms of clarifying how the system works and avoiding unnecessary confusion and stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Molly_88

Thanks! yeh ill have a proper read..:o

Advertisement