Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen

• 21-05-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

This message is up on friends pc, I googled it and I can find downloads but I can't get my friends internet working - its blocked by this message. I did open the task manager to stop it running but still pops up. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Can you connect using Safe mode? Usually get in safe mode by (keep) pressing F8 when you turn the computer on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Virus and Malware Removal forum have an excellent guide here and if it that doesnt resolve the problem you should post on that forum for further assistance .

You'll obviously need to download and save the application installers to a different machine and transfer them to the infected one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Msking

Thanks - in safe mode but it boots me off the net and the alert window comes up again! I see so many could fix it - don't know why its not working for me

Msking wrote: »
    This message is up on friends pc, I googled it and I can find downloads but I can't get my friends internet working - its blocked by this message. I did open the task manager to stop it running but still pops up. Can anyone help please?
    Since you have it's name can you search for and delete manually? You may get enough of it to stop it disconnecting you.

Failing that do as nessyguin said with the Installers. Here is Malwarebytes from it's own site, so it'll be fairly up to date, but you can update manually read this and this. I've never had to do this and didn't know it was possible till I looked there.

And here is SUPERAntiSpyware (portable) that you can run off USB or CD fully updated. Try this first, it looks easier.:)

See how you get on.

What do you use for Internet?

How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Since you have it's name can you search for and delete manually? You may get enough of it to stop it disconnecting you.

Failing that do as nessyguin said with the Installers. Here is Malwarebytes from it's own site, so it'll be fairly up to date, but you can update manually read this and this. I've never had to do this and didn't know it was possible till I looked there.

And here is SUPERAntiSpyware (portable) that you can run off USB or CD fully updated. Try this first, it looks easier.:)

See how you get on.

What do you use for Internet?

I just finished running superantispyware and now all my .exe files wont work. how do i fix that problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Hi Lightning, i am using XP.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Grand, go to this page and download the file to your desktop. Then double click it and hit ok/yes. Then reboot your and bingo your .exe`s should now work.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LK4AHOBF
    Is that ^^ an automatic way of doing this?

It's strange that microsoft don't seem to have a handy way of fixing this problem on a webpage somewhere.

here

Advertisement