Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Kite Surfing in Dublin

Options
  • 21-05-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question if anybody may be able to help. I am looking to start Kite surfing. I live in Dublin and by doing some research there are 2 schools in Sutton. 1. Pure Magic, 2. Sutton
    kitesurfing
    school.

Has anybody got any experience with either of these. Its just that there is like a 200€ difference in prices for the lessons package that seem to cover the same things. But if the cheaper one is not as good I may be better forking out the money!

Any help would be appreciated.
    Derra

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Hi,

€200 is a huge difference in prices, nearly the cost of a course in itself, what courses were you looking at and comparing between both schools?

All I know is that 'Pure Magic' have been around a few years now, they are well known in the community. The other school 'Sutton kitesurfing', I have never heard about.

Here is a link to the main website/forum for the kitesurfing community in Ireland.

www.kitesurfing.ie

All the information for someone starting will be there. The community are very friendly towards newcomers and it's easy to get to know people.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Yeah I know the Sutton Kite 12hour beginner lesson is 250€ - http://sutton-kite.com/

Pure magic 12hr beginner lesson is 425€.

Sutton Kite seems to be a guy doing it alone and just wondering if anyone got any experience with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

.....425 is fairly pricey but you wouldn't know what corners are being cut with the other package.

You really need to check the link I gave you, you'll get all your answers on that forum, mostly surfers on here.

Regards.

derra_121 wrote: »
    Yeah I know the Sutton Kite 12hour beginner lesson is 250€ - http://sutton-kite.com/

Pure magic 12hr beginner lesson is 425€.

Sutton Kite seems to be a guy doing it alone and just wondering if anyone got any experience with him?

I got some lessons from him and found him very good. I'm not sure that he's still doing lessons though - thought that he had left Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭breadmond

As far as I know surf dock do lessons too. Not sure about the price

• Advertisement

The 2 main Co.s in Dublin are puremagic and kite essence - would go with one of them if I were u.Also kitesurfing. Ie is the main forum for kiting

breadmond wrote: »
    As far as I know surf dock do lessons too. Not sure about the price

they do windsurfing, not kiting lessons afaik

Advertisement