Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it morally wrong to buy weed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yes Garda but the next poster has a stash in their shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Same can be applied to government, "The money I pay on taxes goes to thugs and scumbags (politicians)"

Smoke up OP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Nope, go enjoy yourself. This might be good discussion for you to have with your mates when you get high.
    You could just grow it yourself like Ming if you're worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gladi8r

i'm just saying that the drug feuds are mainly caused by people fighting over territory in which to sell drugs to us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Supply and demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

If you are sitting there with waccy baccy in hand waiting for AH approval to light up, forget it.

AH says NO.

NO,d'ya hear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's only wrong if you get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

cml387 wrote: »
    If you are sitting there with waccy baccy in hand waiting for AH approval to light up, forget it.

AH says NO.

NO,d'ya hear!
    'Ulshter saysh NO to shodomy.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

No, but it's pretty silly considering they grow all over your garden for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

i would say most of the weed being sold on the streets is being grown in ireland,some of it by criminals gangs/thugs and some by your average joe soap/smoker trying to make a few pound on the side.there is quite a lot of people growing it at home and who could blame them with dealers trying to pass off camel sh1t as hash,enjoy your smoke my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gladi8r

OutlawPete wrote: »

thats not funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

If you really feel bad, switch to a different dealer, I dont know any dealers affiliated with gangs because they grow their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Neighbours across the road have some plants displayed openly in their front windows..LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

gladi8r wrote: »
    considering you are probably giving the money to thugs who murder people and terrorize neighborhoods, is it wrong in your opinion to buy weed?

when i talk about these "thugs" I am talking about the people on top who import the weed not the small time dealers who sell it to you

I'd say most of the weed is grown here, and not by criminal masterminds, you only have to look at the news to see all the grow ops that are getting found by the guards.

Soapbar hash is imported but I don't think too many people smoke that anymore.

It's definitely immoral to arrest people for growing/buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

thats not funny

:p:pHa, yes it is:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

uh nope but I prefer to get it randomly in the post for free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Is most weed not grown in Ireland nowadays ?
    considering you are probably giving the money to thugs who murder people and terrorize neighborhoods, is it wrong in your opinion to buy weed?

Probably.

But not really any moreso than buying:
    1) mobile phones or laptops (conflict minerals)
    2) the produce of certain multinationals who operate in countries like Columbia where Trade Unionists are routinely murdered by death squads.
    3) the produce of certain countries (Israel, China and many others)
    4) Oil or anything produced from oil (i.e. just about everything)

If you are troubled by the ethical implications of buying weed you do have some options
    1) Abstain
    2) Grow your own
    3) Only buy directly from people you know who grow it.

Unfortunately when it comes to legal products there arent as many alternative options open to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

You're certainly complicit in some of the associated misery, more pronounced in the production, consumption and distribution of coke & heroin.

Nothing morally wrong with growing your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I would say it's morally wrong for people to be violently kidnapped and lose their liberty because of they choose to smoke weed.

It's the state and it's stupid laws that are morally wrong in this case imo.

I would go as far as to say that people who support the prohibition of drugs are sadists or have some sort of vested interest in their staying illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Am I the only one suspicious about 2 hash related threads started by 2 new posters, with a combined post count of 5, within minutes of each other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

Legalise it and tax it massively like cigarettes then everyone will be happy.

sort of.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Of course not. Most stuff is grown locally, just you'll never know about it.

A few places around my town have been raided. Nothing serious but still a few weeks supply. No doubt it will be coming from Limerick/Cork now. Not Mexico.

ArtyM wrote: »
    Am I the only one suspicious about 2 hash related threads started by 2 new posters, with a combined post count of 5, within minutes of each other?

ITS A SETUP! DASH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

ArtyM wrote: »
    Or maybe the stuff just made ya paranoid:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Just don't buy it from knackers. Or people who bought it from knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭pagancornflake

Can't really see how it would be morally wrong. In terms of convention, yes, but morally, no. You are violating a convention in breaking the law, but you are not necessarily committing any kind of moral transgression since manifest human harm is not contained in the law in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Morals, schmorals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So long as you're confident in the ethics of its production - ie. know the guy who grows it, and know what other business he's involved in - I'd say no.

But a lot of people do fool themselves about just how cuddly Their Guy is, just because he's Their Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Is it morally wrong or is it morally .......hmmm tartlets nyom nyom nyom tartlets nyom nyom nyom tartlets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

OutlawPete wrote: »
    benwavner wrote: »
    :p:pHa, yes it is:D:D

Yes, it is funny :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I would say it's morally wrong for people to be violently kidnapped and lose their liberty because of they choose to smoke weed.

Its a law. Break it, get arrested, resist violently, get arrested violently.

Reguardless of the argument around the law itsself. If something is against the law then the guards have the duty to enfore it.
    If you dropped your keys, and some fellow picked them up and stole your car. Just because he belives in the law of finders-keepers dosnt mean that its morally wrong for the guards to enfore the law of the land and arrest him.
    and im pretty sure you'd be pissed if they didnt.

Advertisement