Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it morally wrong to buy weed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hookah wrote: »
    By it's very definition anyone you buy weed from is a 'criminal'.

Not if you buy it in Holland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,065 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Auvers wrote: »
    ridiculous assumption

No such thing. I spent years working with many of them. Got it from the horse's mouth. Serious stuff especially the skunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Yes/no....its an IQ test in its own right i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Not if you buy it in Holland!

Depends.

Buy more than 5 grams and you're committing a crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Depends.

I think it's technically illegal to buy any weed, it's just not enforced. They've decriminalized it but since it's not actually legal you can't purchase or sell (you can own, smoke, carry and grow). Could be wrong on that.

You're definitely right in that you can't have more than 5g on you at any time though.

• Advertisement

Depends.

Drive over 100kph and you're committing a crime too, but it doesn't allow you to claim that driving is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Drive over 100kph and you're committing a crime too, but it doesn't allow you to claim that driving is illegal.

Seachmall was right.

It's illegal altogether, just tolerated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis#Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Serious stuff especially the skunk.

If it's green it's skunk.. dont buy into that buzz-word nonsense.

The "other" type is bush weed, which is shyte. I.e purple haze etc..

It's the equivilent of UHT milk. (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

No such thing. I spent years working with many of them. Got it from the horse's mouth. Serious stuff especially the skunk.

Now i'm curious, would you mind telling me where this was? Skunk is basically any cannabis that has a decent kick to it, and there's a large amount of it going around at the moment and has been for a few years, wheres the news stories about it ruining peoples lifes or causing any problems whatsoever?

Seachmall was right.

It's illegal altogether, just tolerated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis#Netherlands

I didn't contradict Seachmall! ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm not sure what insomnia has to do with anything but when I was using, if I stopped I'd have a few days of trouble sleeping. Thats when I was smoking a *lot*.

When I drank a *lot* I had violent vomiting and the next day shakes, cold sweats and a headache I thought would kill me. Genuinely.

Now, sorry... what were you saying about insomnia?

As for the thread being about buying from crims, I would rather not buy from bad people. However, I have bought Nike shoes and Nestle products in my time. Its not always possible to avoid such indirect support of wrong-doing.

The criminals are empowered (not dissuaded) by the laws against this weed. By criminalising it we serve only to create a ready market for thugs and to make criminals of gardeners. :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

no, but it certainly is morally wrong to charge inflated prices for shite weed.

should be legal to grow small quantities yourself, for personal use only imo.

It is human nature of course to try and justify what you do and to try and convince others that it is only a "small" crime and that it should be legalised.
    Running down posts that disagree with you're habits and lawlessness is part of that human nature too. Just the way addicts like to be called victims of a drug culture that they innocently became a part of despite their parents warnings and all the publicity campaigns. Thats why the Gilligans, Dundons and Fellonis of this world had it easy selling their wares. Everyone is just a victim or only doing things like using in a "small way". We can all train our minds to believe this and have a clear conscience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

It is human nature of course to try and justify what you do and to try and convince others that it is only a "small" crime and that it should be legalised.
    Running down posts that disagree with you're habits and lawlessness is part of that human nature too. Just the way addicts like to be called victims of a drug culture that they innocently became a part of despite their parents warnings and all the publicity campaigns. Thats why the Gilligans, Dundons and Fellonis of this world had it easy selling their wares. Everyone is just a victim or only doing things like using in a "small way". We can all train our minds to believe this and have a clear conscience.

Have you ever had a smoke yourself tayto lover? and do you drink alcohol?

Laisurg wrote: »
    Now i'm curious, would you mind telling me where this was? Skunk is basically any cannabis that has a decent kick to it, and there's a large amount of it going around at the moment and has been for a few years, wheres the news stories about it ruining peoples lifes or causing any problems whatsoever?

Read any of the articles, books etc from Dr Desmond Corrigan who has spent his life telling people about the dangers of cannabis.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0218/breaking65.html

Have you ever had a smoke yourself tayto lover? and do you drink alcohol?

Never smoked anything even cigs but have the occasional pint of Guinness. Not bought from criminals though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

One person not buying weed isn't gonna stop the drugs industry.

It is stupid that it is illegal to begin with.

You could argue its ideologically immoral but its a bit hypocritical when you live in a capitalist society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Read any of the articles, books etc from Dr Desmond Corrigan who has spent his life telling people about the dangers of cannabis.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0218/breaking65.html

Not disputing what he is saying, I'm no Doctor, but did find the vid below interesting.

Laisurg wrote: »

Here is a full paper for you
    http://www.addictionireland.ie/_fileupload/publications/Dr_Des_Corrigan_Speaker_Paper.pdf

Never smoked anything even cigs but have the occasional pint of Guinness. Not bought from criminals though.

So you are completely oblivious to the effects of cannabis but you are preaching on here like you're an expert? the cheek of ya.

Listen here lad, as an experienced user of cannabis i can tell you that firstly, not everyone buys their dope off criminals and secondly that it is not addictive, indeed me and many in my circles enjoy it in a similar manner to you occasionally enjoying your pint of guinness.

Thirdly the link you provided is behind a firewall, but assuming it's another anti cannabis doc, use your mouse and go to goodle to access the many, many bits of medical literature which point to the positive effects of cannabis.

• Advertisement

One person not buying weed isn't gonna stop the drugs industry.

It is stupid that it is illegal to begin with.

You could argue its ideologically immoral but its a bit hypocritical when you live in a capitalist society.

You are proving my argument about denial for me, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

YES IT IS MORALLY WRONG

So you are completely oblivious to the effects of cannabis but you are preaching on here like you're an expert? the cheek of ya.

Listen here lad, as an experienced user of cannabis i can tell you that firstly, not everyone buys their dope off criminals and secondly that it is not addictive, indeed me and many in my circles enjoy it in a similar manner to you occasionally enjoying your pint of guinness.

Thirdly the link you provided is behind a firewall, but assuming it's another anti cannabis doc, use your mouse and go to goodle to access the many, many bits of medical literature which point to the positive effects of cannabis.

I can see from reading your post that its effecting you. Try and cut down the cannabis and not me please. Its illegal so you are committing an offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You are proving my argument about denial for me, thanks.

Are you against violence, bullying and coercion?

I can see from reading your post that its effecting you. Try and cut down the cannabis and not me please. Its illegal so you are committing an offence.

Lol you're on a wind up lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

What about the products you buy that are legal but involve bloodshed and exploitation in their production or supply chain ? Does the fact that theyre legal and that the harm they do is mainly to dark skinned people in faraway countries make it fine and dandy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I can see from reading your post that its effecting you.

I'd say it's affecting him more.
    have the occasional pint of Guinness. Not bought from criminals though.

Ever drank homebrew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

A question for Tayto Lover.

Are you against violence bullying and coercion?

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    What about the products you buy that are legal but involve bloodshed and exploitation in their production ? Is the fact that theyre legal and that the harm they do is mainly to dark skinned people in faraway countries make it fine and dandy ?

I do my best to buy Fair Trade products and those people with dark skin share in the profits.

• Advertisement

A question for Tayto Lover.

Are you against violence bullying and coercion?

I actually mediate in disputes wherever i can.

Advertisement