Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best sleep you had?

Options
  • 22-05-2011 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

Last night I went to bed at 23:30 and I was asleep in about 20 mins,I woke up at 9am to got to the toilet and went back to bed and woke up again at 12oclock.So i slept for just about 12 hours,the reason was I work shifts in a factory and I finished at 6am on Friday morning but I had a few things to do during the morning so I didn't bother going back to bed and I was awake since 1 o'clock on Thursday,as you can imagine I was wrecked going to bed.

Although that wasnt my best sleep,last year I came home from holidays and it was a long flight and I went to bed at 9pm and didn't wake up till 11 o'clock the next morning,that was my best sleep that I can remember.

So what was your best sleep,now I mean straight sleep,not the amount of time you have spent in bed,just sleeping :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I slept from about 1 am last night to 4pm. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Best & deepest sleep ever was after arriving in Sydney.

Left Dublin at 3pm on August 3rd; flew to Heathrow, left Heathrow at 10pm, swap in Hong Kong, arrived in Sydney 8am on August 5th local time. Had to hang around hotel until after 11am until room was ready. Maaaaan, did I sleep!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

efb wrote: »
    I slept from about 1 am last night to 4pm. Bliss!

Its great isnt it,i always say a great nights sleep will fix just about anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Duff

After a holiday in NYC where I spent the last 2 nights drinking all night with friends and the jet lag I slept from 8pm untill 9.30pm the following night. Only woke up twice to pish.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ArseLtd

I slept 16 hours once. Couple of nights of no sleep so eventually got to bed at 4pm slept straight away and didn't wake till 8am the next morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The last good sleep.

In terms of the longest, it was 14 hours after being awake for 34.

ArseLtd wrote: »
    I slept 16 hours once. Couple of nights of no sleep so eventually got to bed at 4pm slept straight away and didn't wake till 8am the next morning!

Wow thats good going,i think you win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Went to bed at 14:00 on Christmas eve, woke up Christmas day 10am, brilliant sleep.

Best feeling in the world being really tired, going to bed and falling asleep immediately.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Went to bed at 14:00 on Christmas eve, woke up Christmas day 10am, brilliant sleep.

Best feeling in the world being really tired, going to bed and falling asleep immediately.

Thats the way i was last night,going to bed so tired and just falling asleep straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Slept 17 hours once. I was 17 and just back from a school skiing trip, it took us almost 24 hours to get back (we only went to Andorra) due to the cheap ass way the school booked, we flew throught Birmingham but got a ferry and coach to/from there. I remember when we were coming home they brought us to a 24hr bowling ally in Wales to try keep us awake, rather than letting us get some sleep.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mickjg

Slept solidly from 2pm on a Thursday till 9am the next morning after being up 30 hours doing work.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Irish_wolf

Best sleep I ever had was on some couch in a friend of a friends house somewhere in dublin after a night out. I can honestly say the couch was more comfortable than any bed I had ever slept in, I don't think I have woken up feeling as refreshed since. I would have stayed there all day if it hadn't been for all the sirens and alarms that were going of in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I remember wen my son was about 8 weeks old and had been sick my mam said she would take him for a few hours for me to get some sleep.... Went to bed at half 5 in the evening and woke up at 7 d next morning. Can still remember the absolute bliss my body and my mind felt the next morning (and i admit the little bit of guilt that i'd taken the piss outta her offer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This isn't the best sleep I've had, but it was the weirdest.

Went to bed at around 11pm, woke up and saw 8:30 on my phone, got up, turned on computer, saw it said 20:30 on my computer, wondered why my computer had the pm instead of am time, investigated further, realised I had been asleep for nearly a day. I hadn't woken even during that time to my knowledge.

I was pretty freaked out, I reckon I lost time and was probed by aliens.
    Ranks as one of the strangest experiences I've had.

I wasn't overly tired either at the time, hadn't been awake an unusual amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

7PM to 4PM.... I thought it was the same day and I was reading the clock wrong. I was also really sick, tired and young : P

Really need to get at least 8 hours sleep per night, anything less than 6 hours and I am :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

Right, I'm off to bed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

For a few days/nights i worked for about 16 hours each day with 2 breaks as a building site labourer in Sydney australia a few years ago.

I'd get back to the place i was living, throw myslelf on the bed & would be practically asleep before i hit the pillow. I'd wake up 7 or 8 hours later to the sound of an alarm clock nagging me awake. Out the door again for another 14/15 hours work.
    Did this for the whole week. When saturday arrived i slept all day, best sleep i ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

After any Oxegen one year. Having spent days in a smelly tent off my head on various substances, I really appreciated a warm comfortable bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Last night I went to bed at 23:30 and I was asleep in about 20 mins,I woke up at 9am to got to the toilet and went back to bed and woke up again at 12oclock.So i slept for just about 12 hours,the reason was I work shifts in a factory and I finished at 6am on Friday morning but I had a few things to do during the morning so I didn't bother going back to bed and I was awake since 1 o'clock on Thursday,as you can imagine I was wrecked going to bed.

Although that wasnt my best sleep,last year I came home from holidays and it was a long flight and I went to bed at 9pm and didn't wake up till 11 o'clock the next morning,that was my best sleep that I can remember.

So what was your best sleep,now I mean straight sleep,not the amount of time you have spent in bed,just sleeping :)

Jesus, you Waterford people are mental.

But nah, the best sleeps I ever have are usually the ones I never get to finish. Two weeks ago was the closest thing I had to a satisfactory, comfortable as a cushion, lye in I got, that I didn't have to get up.

• Advertisement

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    After any Oxegen one year. Having spent days in a smelly tent off my head on various substances, I really appreciated a warm comfortable bed.

That reminds me of Oxegen 2006,we left on Thursday morning and i stayed awake till Monday afternoon,thanks to a certain substance,I was glad to see my bed but I didn't get a good sleep till mid-week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Once I got home from work totally wrecked, fell into bed about 5 pm, slept it out and woke up at 8am, an hour late for work, called taxi, ran into work but was all locked up.
    It was then I realised it was 8pm , I had only been asleep a couple of hours :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Once went to bed at 2am and woke at what i thought was 7am for work but it was 7pm at night, my housemates were laughing at me:o

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

There is few things better than a good sleep. I love getting a good kip but no matter how few hours sleep I get in a night I can never sleep during the day unless I'm sick. I don't understand how some people can go to bed during the day for an hour or two and get up and be perfectly ok. The few times I tried it I woke up feeling worse and disorientated.

One time during the summer a good few years back I was'nt feeling too well on a Friday evening so I lay down on the couch at home around 8pm and I fell asleep and woke up looked at the clock on the wall and it said 9:30 I got up feeling like sh*t. I was meant to be in work at 9am Saturday morning and this was at a time before I had my own car and I needed one of my parents to drive me to work, so I looked out the window and seen there was no sign of either of their cars and I started to panic thinking I had missed work. I was standing there looking out the window at 9:30pm on a hot summers evening and I could'nt figure out why it was so warm and there was no dew on anything outside for what I thought was 9:30 am. I think it was a good 20 minutes before I figured out that I had only slept for over an hour.

I was really sick anyway and could'nt make it into work on the real Saturday anyway:pac:

Jesus, you Waterford people are mental.

Thanks,but not all of us are mental,most are like me,well the true Waterford ones :)

Once went to bed at 2am and woke at what i thought was 7am for work but it was 7pm at night, my housemates were laughing at me:o

So you missed work? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

All nighter then hit the bed around 11 woke up around 8 was middle of summer unreal sleep best I've had

OPENROAD wrote: »
    So you missed work? :p

I was just about to ask that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

The best sleep you had?

Right after I rode yer ma!!!

• Advertisement

I was just about to ask that :)

I actually have a recurring dream about doing exactly that, I wake up late and I wonder if I should go into work for the last hour :D

Advertisement